Some thoughts on posting replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
Can I suggest that we try not to pigeon-hole each other when posting. It seems that some posts go off at a tangent (follow rabbit trails if you will) and it seems unfair to the person starting the thread.

Most of us are feeling our way and are looking for older (or younger) brothers and sisters to help us on our journey. If someone asks a question then try to stick to answering it.

If something else pops into your head then by all means start another thread, just don't hijack the aircraft and change the flight plan.

Be gentle and encouraging :pray2:. If you have concerns then perhaps a PM would be more appropriate. The Biblical example of correction if that is not too strong a word is of private conversation first :think:.

It sometimes seems that in order to keep a thread on-track an author would need to re-post every 24 hrs! :D

Ideally a thread should start out with a question, circle round the question and then home in on an answer. (and no I am not thinking about the entertainment forum)

We need to be allowed to think out loud. It's the only way to grow into a mature and biblical world view.

Sorry, maybe I am just a little tired and tetchy.

A portion from A. Hellenbroek, A Specimen Of Divine Truths

Address to the Pupil

7. When others are questioned, do not stop to consider, 'what question will be asked of me,' but 'what answer would I give to the question that was asked' and seek to understand what is said in explanation of it. If others know it, envy them not, but thank the Lord for the gifts and the wisdom bestowed on them, and pray to be like unto them.

If they do not know it, do not despise nor mock them, neither rejoice or pride yourself, so that the Lord do not render you speechless or confound you, when you have to answer. But pray for them that God give them more light, desire, confidence, ability, and a better memory; and as much as you are able to do, incite them to it, and encourage them.

Can I suggest that we try not to pigeon-hole each other when posting. It seems that some posts go off at a tangent (follow rabbit trails if you will) and it seems unfair to the person starting the thread.

Most of us are feeling our way and are looking for older (or younger) brothers and sisters to help us on our journey. If someone asks a question then try to stick to answering it.

If something else pops into your head then by all means start another thread, just don't hijack the aircraft and change the flight plan.

Be gentle and encouraging :pray2:. If you have concerns then perhaps a PM would be more appropriate. The Biblical example of correction if that is not too strong a word is of private conversation first :think:.

It sometimes seems that in order to keep a thread on-track an author would need to re-post every 24 hrs! :D

Ideally a thread should start out with a question, circle round the question and then home in on an answer. (and no I am not thinking about the entertainment forum)

We need to be allowed to think out loud. It's the only way to grow into a mature and biblical world view.

Sorry, maybe I am just a little tired and tetchy.

Often it's a case of iron sharpening iron when the guns come out, which isn't necessarily bad. You kind of presuppose that there is an answer, but often there isn't one, or there appear to be many. We are not going to have consensus on this side of heaven on worship music or baptism. We can't even decide on whether we should watch "Avatar":p There is the wading pool where questions are answered in a much more straightforward manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back