Someone's purging a good library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wannabee

Obi Wan Kenobi
Since I'm not selling these, I didn't think I should put this there. But, for those who are looking to build their library and have a couple bucks, there are some great titles and prices here. Don't grow weary if you start to loose interest going through them, there are some real diamonds - mostly diamonds.

eBay Seller: drpuritan: Books items on eBay.com

Purging???

Looks more like a fire sale! What an amazing collection of books! Plenty of great Puritan classics and some of the best of the best recent books.

I hope it is the library of a deceased pastor rather than an apostate. Why would ANYone sell those books? They are gems!

And there's no Barth there!! Better than comming from a smoke free home.

Also, for those that want to partake of the fun that Dispensational's have, he's got "Two Babylons by Hislop" Another Classic!

I'm not sure, but the person who gave me the link alluded to the idea that this is a dear brother who needs financial help right now. The way he wrote it, buying these would be a great help to him. There are a few gems there that I'd love to get a hold of, but my finances aren't in any shape to take advantage of the situation. I don't think it's a matter of apostasy, but rather last resort.

I can appreciate the need to raise $$$. I am going to put my iPhone up for sale as soon as the Lord's Day is over. Times are rough for a lot of folks. Thank God this brother has the books to offer for sale.

That's just very odd that Murray's collected works are going for more than Swinnock's: and Thornwell's for more than Newton's!

I'm not sure, but the person who gave me the link alluded to the idea that this is a dear brother who needs financial help right now. The way he wrote it, buying these would be a great help to him. There are a few gems there that I'd love to get a hold of, but my finances aren't in any shape to take advantage of the situation. I don't think it's a matter of apostasy, but rather last resort.

I saw this on another list and that's the impression I got as well.

That makes me very sad. These are tough times for many. But, selling those kinds of books? That really hurts.

With AIG announcing a $60 Billion quarterly loss tomorrow, it does not look as if we are near the end of the pain yet. The market can lose 50% of value in a rough recession. We have already passed that mark. May we see a turnaround soon. With the market as a leading indicator, we will probably witness layoffs for an additional 6 months after the uptick in the equity markets.

I pray for the vulnerable among us on the PB. May the Lord teach us all to place our trust in him and not in our own wealth!

Somewhat :offtopic: but how do I use PayPal? I really want to buy some of those books but I've never used PayPal before.

EDIT: I guess the only question I have is, If I have already added a credit card to my PayPal account, do I have to do anything with the bank balance? C'mon, I'm just a little kid. :)

I use PayPal and an quite sure they require a means of validating your identity by making few penny deposit to your bank account and then asking you to verify that amount. That said, I believe that persons may purchase items via PayPal without having an established PayPal account if they have a credit card to use.

-----Added 3/2/2009 at 02:17:25 EST-----

I may do the same thing if I do not find meaningful work in the next month or so. Selling my library is one of my last resorts, but will not be out of the question when it comes down to eating or reading.

AMR

This auction is coming to a close, and there are some good deals still unbid on. I am not the seller, and I may be shooting myself in the foot by bumping this because I've placed bids on a couple items, but it's ridiculous that some of the bundle deals haven't gotten even one bid.

Horton, Robertson and Stott plus Habermas and Baillie on Christology -5 books. It's going for 4 dollars.

Or if I'm reading it correctly 11 copies of A Journey in Grace, a theological novel, which still has no bids: but you'd be paying $2.00 at this rate.

I'll stop posting now: it just blows my mind that so few people are taking advantage of this opportunity to circle in like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

I'd buy them all if I had the clams. I've put offers on a couple, and already been outbid. I must have good taste. :D

I would love to buy a few of them, but alas, I am financially embarrassed.

This is a sale for the financially embarrassed. If you can scrape together 10 bucks by collecting cans it looks like you could seize some remarkable deals.

Horton, Robertson and Stott plus Habermas and Baillie on Christology -5 books. It's going for 4 dollars.

How can you tell there are 5 copies of this one? Or is it just five authors who each wrote a book, and it's all compiled into one volume? Or rather, is it five total books which are all sold in one package?

Also, I already got The Evil of Evils by Jeremiah Burroughs, Fire and Brimstone by Thomas Vincent, and Disputations on Holy Scripture by William Whitaker. :D I'm doing my best to cash in on this.

How can you tell there are 5 copies of this one? Or is it just five authors who each wrote a book, and it's all compiled into one volume?

Also, I already got The Evil of Evils by Jeremiah Burroughs, Fire and Brimstone by Thomas Vincent, and Disputations on Holy Scripture by William Whitaker. :D I'm doing my best to cash in on this.

Oh, so you're the one who drove up the price. Grrrrrr! :smug:

That's just very odd that Murray's collected works are going for more than Swinnock's: and Thornwell's for more than Newton's!

in my opinion the starting bid on the set of Ryle's Expository Thoughts set was way too high. But the bidding started very low on many other books, assuming they are in the condition advertised.

-----Added 3/4/2009 at 10:48:10 EST-----

This is a sale for the financially embarrassed. If you can scrape together 10 bucks by collecting cans it looks like you could seize some remarkable deals.

That's what I'm trying to do with a few of the books, but am limited right now and don't want to go overboard. I have little room for more books either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back