Something I did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Joey

Puritan Board Junior
I get frustrated with people at work.A couple of co-workers of mine specifically.Last night I arrived at work about an hour late.This was done because of the fact I gain overtime during the week I must kill to keep my hours down to 40.I arrived at 11 and one co-worker was already there and actually was doing a good job.The other(who only works 3 days a week) always arrives late every night she works.This angers me as it is.Well,to make matters worse she comes in immediately makes herself comfortable by doing nothing but sitting down and talking while I unload some palets of merchandise.She has done this before and management does nothing.The other co-worker also starts talking.So,me being frustrated asked my manager to move me from the department I am in.He asked why and I told him.In turn getting them both in trouble.Not in bad trouble but enough that the main cause of the problem not speak to me since then.Of course I am sure she thinks she is a victim.Which angers me even more.Was this the correct thing for me to do?

Perhaps it wasn't best to ask to be moved...but that gave you an opportunity to address the problem.

But, it is difficult to address others of their responsibilities if you're not the manager. The result could be: "Well, who are you? I don't answer to you".

I would recommend advising others to do their duties. If they do not, it is your responsibility to tell management. So, if you have told these people before, then what you did was fine.

Management does notice who does and doesn't work. It also helps them when others notice too since they can't always monitor everyone all the time. Sometimes they only have suspiscion, so you may have helped confirm that. These people are being paid to do something, not nothing. Don't feel guilty about it.

I like it when people tell me when others are not doing their jobs...I don't like it when they tattle and are simply trying to make themselves look better. This seems like a case where you were doing a more responsible thing.

Originally posted by Craig
Perhaps it wasn't best to ask to be moved...but that gave you an opportunity to address the problem.

But, it is difficult to address others of their responsibilities if you're not the manager. The result could be: "Well, who are you? I don't answer to you".

I would recommend advising others to do their duties. If they do not, it is your responsibility to tell management. So, if you have told these people before, then what you did was fine.

Management does notice who does and doesn't work. It also helps them when others notice too since they can't always monitor everyone all the time. Sometimes they only have suspiscion, so you may have helped confirm that. These people are being paid to do something, not nothing. Don't feel guilty about it.

I like it when people tell me when others are not doing their jobs...I don't like it when they tattle and are simply trying to make themselves look better. This seems like a case where you were doing a more responsible thing.

The problem is that I have addressed the problem to management before and they still haven`t been watching.In fact,the two girls try to buddy up with the managers.Honestly,if I said anything personally to them,they would laugh in my face.Maybe,possibly,curse at me.They are that type of women.My manager I told this to is a nice guy.I wasn`t mean to him.I just told him my frustrations with these girls.I really didn`t want to tell on them but it becomes so stressful to think about them sitting around doing nothing while I work.I like to keep moving when I work.I don`t expect everybody to work as hard.I only expect them to work.People`s immaturity truely bother.Especially knowing that there are millions out there who would love an opportunity for just ONE job.When people such as where I work take it so much for granted.

Originally posted by joshua
Originally posted by Craig

:up::ditto::handshake: from a former Manager.

I had my reasons for not telling them in the first place.I am sure they would be confrontational.

I normally let things go until I am ready to snap, then I try to kindly tell those who are slacking how I am feeling. I try to wear a sleevless shirt that day.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by houseparent
I normally let things go until I am ready to snap, then I try to kindly tell those who are slacking how I am feeling. I try to wear a sleevless shirt that day.:bigsmile:

Like this?

site1012.jpg

Adam,do you have any pictures where you are smiling.My wife says you are mean looking.Your current avatar is the closest I have seen to you smiling.

As a member of (dis)organized labor I would be hesitant to report such things to my boss. I have been a boss in the old ages and I had not problem knowing who was working and who was not. I would, however, report behavior that could cause harm to another person.

Col 3:23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

1Th 4:11 and to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you,

I would want to make sure that my testimony was not hindered by how I work and live before I would even consider confronting a person.

Great pics!

Great pics Adam! I didn't get to see other thread with them, I need to get that password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back