Spirit&Truth: A Film about Worship now available digital and shipping DVD, Blu-Ray etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.facebook.com/TheCPJ/posts/10156889854118434
See all the info at the link. This film is sponsored by The Confessional Presbyterian journal (promo and contents of 2019 issue below). And I was optimistic if not prescient enough in believing this would be useful that I came on as an executive producer (i.e., I gave a bit of money toward the production). This is an extremely useful but also important addition to the promotion of biblical worship we've had in literature for over 60 years and now in the form of this documentary. It really surpasses all my expectations, and I was very hopeful it would be good! I wrote elsewhere,

Over ~30-35 years ago I read a booklet that I thought, "this is a really great introduction everyone should read" on the question of what is biblical worship?—what does God desire from His people for His worship? This nearly 90 minute movie is like that first experience but on steroids and going high tech. Now available for purchase on DVD etc. or direct viewing: Spirit & Truth: A Film about Worship, by Les Lanphere who previously produced Calvinist. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/spiritandtruth Among the interviews all expertly woven together, are Robert Godfrey, Terry Johnson, Kevin DeYoung, Joseph A. Pipa Jr., Frank J. Smith, Alan Strange, Neil Stewart, David Strain, Robert McCurley, and many others.

The 2019 vol. 15 of The Confessional Presbyterian journal should go to press this week, very late indeed with issues hopefully available in January. Subscribe/pre order now at the subscription rate which will go up then. http://www.cpjournal.com/store/
Table of Contents

2. Editorial
Articles
3. Gisbertus Voetius: The Pillar of the Nadere Reformatie
By Robert Martin
9. Gisbertus Voetius: God’s Single, Absolutely Simple Essence
By R. M. Hurd
41. The Class of 1652 of the Academia Voetiana
By Adriaan C. Neele
49. “The Dictatorship of Dr Cooke”: Henry Cooke’s Tory Domination of Irish Presbyterianism Reconsidered
By Daniel Ritchie
64. Scripture with a Southern Accent: Understanding and Applying a Southern Presbyterian’s View of the Bible
By Gabriel N.E. Fluhrer
69. Nineteenth Century Southern Presbyterians: Some Theological and Pastoral Distinctives
By C. N. Willborn
81. Why are Ecclesiastical Feast Days in the Reformed Church Order?
By R. D. Anderson
89. Luther on Public Worship: Serving God and Being Served by Him
By Clif Daniell
97. The Missiological Implications of Herman Bavinck’s Doctrine of the Trinity
By Thiago Machado Silva
108. Full Redemption: The Puritan Doctrine of Glorification
By B. E. Franks
115. Approaching a Heavenly Reality in a Temporal Realm: Robert Bruce’s Theology of the Sacrament
By Frank L. Bartoe IV
129. Discipline of Baptized Members: Are Baptized Members Subject to the Judicial Process of the Church?
By Gavin Beers
148. The Noahic Covenants and Redemptive Judgment
By Jeong Koo Jeon

163 Reviews & Responses: (Contents continued on page 2).

Table of Contents Continued
163 Reviews & Responses: Jeffrey Hause (ed.), Aquinas’s Summa Theologiae: A Critical Guide (Harrison Perkins) 163 ■ Cornelis Venema, Chosen in Christ: Revisiting the Contours of Predestination, Reformed, Exegetical and Doctrinal Studies (Daniel Ragusa) 165 ■ Theodore Van Raalte, Antoine de Chandieu: The Silver Horn of Geneva’s Reformed Triumvirate (Thomas Haviland-Pabst) 166 ■ J. V. Fesko, Reforming Apologetics: Retrieving the Classic Reformed Approach to Defending the Faith (Mark A. Herzer) 169 ■ Daniel Ritchie, Isaac Nelson: Radical Abolitionist, Evangelical Presbyterian, and Irish Nationalist (Alan D. Strange) 172 ■ Theistic Evolution: A Scientific, Philosophical, and Theological Critique, edited by J. P. Moreland, Stephen C. Meyer, Christopher Shaw, Ann K. Gauger, and Wayne Grudem (Adrian C. Keister) 174 ■ J. Philip Arthur, Christ all-sufficient: Colossians and Philemon simply explained (Frank J. Smith) 178 ■ Michael Horton, Justification, volumes 1–2 (Lane Keister) 179 ■
181 Psallo: Psalm 15:1–5
184 Antiquary: Why Christmas Day ought not to be Observed: A Transcription from Manuscript of Notes from a Sermon by George Gillespie, December 24, 1643
200 Bibliography
210 Author Index: Volumes 1–15 (2005–2019)
222 The Editors
. In Brief: Calvin Preaching on December 25, 1550/51 (88) ■ In Brief: Robert Bruce (127) ■
223 Spirit & Truth: A Film About Worship ■

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back