Split-leaf psalters are finally back in stock

St. Gerdt

Puritan Board Freshman

It's been a full year, but we do finally have the split-leaf back in stock at Grange Press. We spent a great deal of time attempting to bring the production of the split-leaf to the US and to bring its production cost down, but to no avail.

However, I am please to say that several small changes were made with this reprint, and I believe this is the highest quality edition of the split-leaf since the last Cambridge editions in the early 2000s.

I dont use metrical psalters, just wanted to say the design of the book is very captivating. Was a split leaf design common in the older days, or is this a new print design? I really like how it looks.

Very common format among the Scottish Presbyterians. I don't know how far back the actual split leaf books were produced, but they were ubiquitous in the late 19th-early 20th century. The 1929 editions are probably the height of mass production. Until the early 2000s, I'm not aware of a mass-produced version by anyone other than Cambridge University Press. The last several reprints, beginning ~20 years ago now, have been produced by Riley, Dunn & Wilson in Dunkirk under the FCC Psalmody Committee in Scotland. This reprint was the first that we (Grange Press) supervised.

Back