St Louis Cardinals, for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwadkins

Puritan Board Junior
The St. Louis Cardinals have been playing great baseball, getting great pitching and hitting. Jim Edmonds, Scott Rolen, and David Eckstien are gone, Mark Mulder and Chris Carpenter and still out. Troy Glaus who came in a trade for Scott Rolen is struggling. So are the new faces who have stepped up and carried the Cards to a 22-12 record for real?

I'd love to see it be for real. I lived in St. Louis for a few years when the Cards had the great teams of the mid-to-late 80s. What a great baseball town!

I'm sure hoping they are for real!

It's made watching the games this year a lot more fun than I had anticipated.

I've been to two games so far this year...and they are looking good. I was at the game last Friday when they played the Cubs and won the game in the bottom of the 11th with a walk-off homerun.

This team looks like they enjoy playing together and I think the whole underestimation thing is driving them to play as well as they are playing. It is only May though...so we shall see.

They sure tried to give the game away last night, didn't they?:doh:

Do not discount the management of the team. They have a way of making the most of a little. Perfect for St. Louis!! ....and that comes from a life-long Cards fan....

Do not discount the management of the team. They have a way of making the most of a little. Perfect for St. Louis!! ....and that comes from a life-long Cards fan....

I agree that you can never count the Cards out. Look at 2006!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back