Standard edition of Calamy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaganmarsh

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings PB brethren,

A quick question for you. I want to read Calamy's account of the lives of the Puritans (The Noncomformists' Memorial). It appears that it was originally printed in 2 vols, and that print-on-demand is the only option beyond digital reading.

So, here are my questions:

1. Is there a standard edition of Calamy to which you might direct me?
2. Is that standard edition available digitally? Some of these POD places will apparently print anything you send them, so a clean scanned file might be just fine.
3. I know absolutely nothing about POD beyond what I've listed above, and a recent thumbing through a POD copy of Flavel's Fountain of Life at a used bookstore...I was less than impressed. Is this an absolute waste of time? Is there a particular company which does better work than others?
4. I ran across this POD edition...yea or nay?

Thanks, y'all.

I think I was told or read years ago that the later (after Calamy's lifetime?) three volume edition is superior due to editing and more material. POD can often come close (if you don't compare) to print quality of offset but hard bindings don't come close to the quality and in big books you will also quickly destroy a paperback from moderate use.

Thanks, Chris. Do you perchance have a link to the 3-vol set so I could get an idea of its size & availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back