Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Joey

Puritan Board Junior
I have just got through reading much of the book online and believe that it is actually going to be a very good movie.I just hope the acting is good.

264268.jpg

264242.jpg

[Edited on 4-21-2005 by Bladestunner316]

[Edited on 4-21-2005 by Bladestunner316]

I'm really excited too; it seems like it will have a potent emotional punch with Anakin going to the dark side, hunting down the other Jedi, etc. Pretty hard stuff. My kids are really excited about it too, but I'm going to have to go first to make sure that it is not too intense for them before letting them see it. If any of you have an XBox, I'd also recommend all the Star Wars themed games - they are all very very good. One of the older ones - Obi Wan - was a real blast, and of course the new one, Battlefront, is really fun.

Obi vs Darth

Gonna be sweet. I really hope this one lives up to my expectations, I'm pumped.

Have you heard about the new episode III game for xbox, is it any good, and what type of game will it be?

I played a little of all the previous ones and enjoyed them.

this will be the best of the Star Wars movies I bet!

And I too have been waiting since 1977. Remember all the talk about this series when A New Hope came out? All the story line and all the anticipation of seeing three movies and then seeing the prequels. I remember that there was also talk that then there would be 3 more movies that would pick up after Return of the Jedi......hmmmm....maybe in 20 years.

Phillip

I just bought the "Star Wars Episode III: Visual Dictionary" for the kids. It is really fascinating - the backstory for General Grievous is amazing - he is going to be a good villain. All of those DK visual dictionaries for StarWars are really well done. There was also a DVD released recently called "Clone Wars" - it is an animated movie that takes you from Episode II up to Episode III and actually shows some of the activities of the clone wars. There is a scene where Grievous dispatches a half dozen Jedi single-handedly. Well, okay, he has four hands, but you know what I mean. That DVD is at least worth renting.

Also, from the DK book we learned that Palpatine gets the gruesome face by some sith lightning that Obi Wan deflects back at him. I always thought that maybe his face was that way by nature and that he was deceiving everyone with some kind of conjured normal face. But I think we're going to see how he gets the uglies in Episode III.

It is funny how helpful movies like Star Wars and Spiderman are in raising boys. Sometimes I'll be trying to help my sons understand ethics or character and I'll say - "It's kind of like Spiderman - he has all this power and his uncle tells him that the more gifts you have, the more obligation you have to give them away to others" or something like that. And then with Star Wars I can illustrate to them how rash Annakin is and how he doesn't listen to his elders and how he takes tiny little steps toward the dark side all the time and that big sins usually come from not being faithful in the little things and gaining the maturity of Christian growth. Anyway, I milk those movies for all they are worth, illustration-wise.

Actually its mace windu that deflects the lighting back at palp's.

Also clone wars is out and I got it and its awsome!!!

Blade

I found this on another site.Apparently Darth Vader has his own blog.

http://darthside.blogspot.com/

A preview:

"Later, in my chamber I kicked back and had the droids remove my masque. I listened to Chasto's Third Symphony and for reasons I do not fully understand it moved me to weep. I destroyed the audiophonic system with a nod, and it fizzled with a groan and a whisp of smoke."

Darth Vader standing before the Emperor:

"I am not concerned with droids," he replied. "Rather, I have foreseen these events. The strings of the Force grow taut, and soon we shall play a tune upon them, Lord Vader. It will be a dirge for the rebellion that will initiate the second age of this New Order."

Man, that guy loves the sound of his own voice! Luckily no one can see me roll my eyes behind this masque."

Another funny:

"Bloody interrogation. Imperial audience. More leg woes.

Did you ever have one of those days?

It can be challenging to maintain your dignity as a dark tyrannical overlord when the circuitry in your left leg constantly misfires, threatening to send you off on a mad pirouette without notice."

And another:

"I had meant to backhand him but my passions were aroused and my concentration faltered, and so instead I released control of my errant left leg and instantly found myself doing a frenzied, lop-sided jig that turned me in place.

Krelcon found the strength to laugh. Thus, with one powerful thrust of the Force I burst his skull."

"Sometimes it just feels good to get a little warm sun on my helmet."

:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 4-22-2005 by Average Joey]

Originally posted by pastorway
this will be the best of the Star Wars movies I bet!

And I too have been waiting since 1977. Remember all the talk about this series when A New Hope came out? All the story line and all the anticipation of seeing three movies and then seeing the prequels. I remember that there was also talk that then there would be 3 more movies that would pick up after Return of the Jedi......hmmmm....maybe in 20 years.

Phillip

Oh yeah, I remember. I was nine when A New Hope released. My brother and I saw it more than 70 times. Hehehhe.

For real diehards, I just found out a theater in London will be showing all six movies on May 16th for $100.

Of course the best airfare and lodging will run about $2000. I found it hard to garner enthusiastic spousal support for that... :lol:

Does anyone (I speak to the over 30 crowd!) remember the book, Star Wars, Star Trek, and the 20th Century Christian? It was pretty standard fundy fare on how EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL science fiction was. The book did raise some interesting points about how Lucas brings a lot of eastern mysticism into things...but it's still a good story. AND, when you consider that the story is really about redemption (Anakin's), the series takes on a whole different thrust.

[pastorway] I remember that there was also talk that then there would be 3 more movies that would pick up after Return of the Jedi......hmmmm....maybe in 20 years.

I saw an interview with George Lucas about a month ago or so, he downplayed all talk of another 3 episodes and said they were just rumors. He is going to focus now on his Indiana Jones episode 4 and making small independent films.

I hope he changes his mind.

[Edited on 4-22-2005 by RAS]

yeah theres eastern mysticism in SW and atheism-universalism in star trek.
Who cares thats why its called science fiction:)
Blade

Originally posted by RAS
[pastorway] I remember that there was also talk that then there would be 3 more movies that would pick up after Return of the Jedi......hmmmm....maybe in 20 years.

I saw an interview with George Lucas about a month ago or so, he downplayed all talk of another 3 episodes and said they were just rumors. He is going to focus now on his Indiana Jones episode 4 and making small independent films.

I hope he changes his mind.

[Edited on 4-22-2005 by RAS]

I wonder if he would get a new actor. Harrison Ford isn't exactly a spring chicken any more.

Hey guys,

My six year old son wants to see it but I'm not too sure seeing how it may be too intense for young children. What think ye? I know he would love it and at the same time I don't want him having nightmares
and such. Think he is too young?

Thanks.

Tom

Originally posted by Reformingstudent
Hey guys,

My six year old son wants to see it but I'm not too sure seeing how it may be too intense for young children. What think ye? I know he would love it and at the same time I don't want him having nightmares
and such. Think he is too young?

Thanks.

Tom

Honestly,probably not.If he is mature for his age,maybe.This is the first Starwars movie to have a PG-13 rating.Has he seen any Lord of the Rings movies?They were PG-13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back