Starfish flower

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimV

Puritanboard Botanist
Here's something strange for your Memorial Day. Stapelia cedrimontana, from an African desert. Hard to grow! And it bloomed unexpectedly for me today, so I thought I'd share. Imitates the wounds on an animal to attract flies for pollinating. You can see the waxy texture makes sure scarce water doesn't evaporate.

medium.jpg

I have to ask... Do you have your own greenhouse for all of your plants, or are they all grown outside, or are you constantly pulling our collective legs and just taking pics from the local botanical gardens? What's your setup?

:lol:

I have a 400 foot greenhouse that I custom built. It's really efficient, but kind of jury rigged looking. I trade exotic seeds from all over the world with other nerds, so what I post are indeed mine :D

It's a natural love for plants and my way of sticking it to evolutionists, since none of the weird stuff I grow can be explained by anything other than creation. Sorry, Waltke, but in any biological subject where practical ability counts more than mindless snobbish theory, I'll kick your butt while laughing at you.

:lol:

I have a 400 foot greenhouse that I custom built. It's really efficient, but kind of jury rigged looking. I trade exotic seeds from all over the world with other nerds, so what I post are indeed mine :D

It's a natural love for plants and my way of sticking it to evolutionists, since none of the weird stuff I grow can be explained by anything other than creation. Sorry, Waltke, but in any biological subject where practical ability counts more than mindless snobbish theory, I'll kick your butt while laughing at you.

I don't think I've even heard of a starfish flower before. That's amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back