Stephen Charnock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the works of Stephen Charnock! I've enjoyed them for years. SC has a special place in my heart since I read about his personal library burning up in a fire. Any bibliophile will agree...;)

Ok Jim

WHere's the LARGER JPG of your CALVIN Avatar making faces! I want it...!

I love the works of Stephen Charnock! I've enjoyed them for years. SC has a special place in my heart since I read about his personal library burning up in a fire. Any bibliophile will agree...;)

That's so painful to even think about! And books were harder to come by and more expensive in his day.

I agree, Richard!! It would be a difficult providence. I pray that I will not be so tested. But, then blindness is another difficult providence for a bibliophile....

Andrew,
I honestly thought the exact same thing when I wrote that. WOW!:cheers2:
I remember feeling so sad for him when he broke his glasses. :(

Why is it so hard for me to read Stephen Charnock? I have The Exixtence and Attributes of God and just can't get through it. Is there something about his writing? For some reason I find Owen much easier to read, and Owen isn't known for being easy.

Why is it so hard for me to read Stephen Charnock? I have The Exixtence and Attributes of God and just can't get through it. Is there something about his writing? For some reason I find Owen much easier to read, and Owen isn't known for being easy.

For Charnock, wait until the graphic novel version comes out!:D

That mightn't work either, I'm visually impaired. Maybe I'll have to wait for the Adventures in Odyssey radio drama version! :lol:

Owen's style is so Latinate and convoluted I'm surprised you find him easier than Charnock.

I don't think it's his style, exactly, it's just that there's too much there. Maybe I should read a paragraph a day. I started reading it but then I'd put it down and try to come back later and I would have forgotten what I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back