Stryper

Status
Not open for further replies.

the particular baptist

Puritan Board Freshman
Greetings !

Some may know, Stryper has made an impressive comeback in recent years.

Start play at 1:50 and 3:20, Michael still has it, and his pipes have held up over time.

[video=youtube;vHH6fcrTzrY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHH6fcrTzrY[/video]

They say that rock and roll is strong
But God's the rock that makes us roll
Don't need no drugs to help us push on
We've got his power in our souls
Bridge
Stand up and fight
For what you believe in
We know...

Chorus
He's the rock that makes us roll
Rockin' all the world
Giving me the courage to be bold
Giving me just what I need
Always guaranteed
He's the rock that makes me
roll - rock'n'roll

Their latest album is better than expected. Modern sound with some throwback elements.

[video=youtube;HiMJ1PRA-bg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiMJ1PRA-bg[/video]

:amen: Thank you for posting that!,We are huge Stryper fans over here,Michael Sweet's family lives on the cape and attends my old church here,great family

We saw the opening night show you posted and this was the footage I took,the sound from my clip was bad though,but the concert was stunning!,front row too!!
[video=youtube;wswDWlp-IdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wswDWlp-IdA[/video]

Yes they still have it as you pointed out and the Lord is using them in wonderful ways

The Yellow and Black Attack rocks on!!!

Right on brother !

I saw them at the House of Blues - Chicago on their Reborn tour. They surpassed my expectations as well as everyone else there.

I dont usually dig cover songs but their cover of Boston's Peace of Mind was excellent !

Nashville is less than 3 hr drive but unfortunately I have to be content with the cd for the time being and whatever DVD they put together after the concert tour. Times are tough these days in my line of work.

I hear you brother,same over here also,If it wasnt for a buddy who offered to take me and drive in to Boston I might have missed it,I will pray for you and your beautiful family

Good guitar work but lacking theological accuracy lyrically. I can listen to the first three albums (haven't heard anything recent) but this song makes me cringe...

Free to turn away - say goodbye
Free to walk away - and deny
The gift waiting for you
Whispers a still small voice
It's your choice - you're..

Free - Free to do what you want to
Choose your own destiny
Free to do what you want to
Free to open up - and believe
Free to simply ask - and receive
There's no better time than now
You've got the right to choose
You can't lose - you're...

Stryper. They were originally were called "Violation of the Regulative Principle" but that just didn't sell.

Oh Man!,come on,can we just have our little Stryper Party,I was just starting to grow my hair long again (whats left of it),remember the phrase "The higher the hair the closer to God",those were fun times to be a Christian right,and they still are,did i say fun,ok i said it, I just dont want this to turn into a Stryper bashing thread as has happened before,That's all let's play nice:encourage:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back