Suggest a Reformed Bible School in Australia or New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

sojourner

Puritan Board Freshman
Do you know of any bible colleges that offer Distance Education. I checked with RTC and its still expensive but not as expensive when you study in the US (online course). I don't plan to get a Masters, Certificate course is fine with me. I just want to have a background.

I went to the RTC in Geelong for my degree and can heartily recommend it. However, if you're looking for more personal growth than formal studies, why not utilize some of the free online courses available at the big name US colleges? Covenant and RTS both have a number of online courses for OT, NT, Theology, Church History and so forth. Thirdmil.org also has some stuff like that and Ligonier does some 'certificate' type courses that are great as well - although the certificate is really just a reward you print yourself for finishing a course. I don't regret an iota of my time at RTC, mostly because 'online' wasn't a thing back then - but I think that knowing what I know now, I'd be far more likely to save the money and diligently work through some of the free courses available for everyone to get involved in. If you can recruit a friendly pastor or elder willing to read stuff, you can even write essays and share them for feedback for accountability and to 'check your work.'

Thanks David I am currently a subscriber at Ligonier. What I want is a more formal way of training and somewhat credited. Costs of studying in the US online is way to expensive for me even if I have a full-time work in my country. When I computed the Australian dollar to our currency its still big but not that expensive. I am satisfied with my education (already earned my Masters) but it is not related to theology or bible study, it's a secular course. I feel like I need a solid background and knowledge in His word, and all things related to Him.

Thanks Thomas I will check that out!

Leah, check out Birmingham Theological Seminary (here in the U.S.); I think they offer a good bit online and I also think (not sure) they are less expensive.

If you haven't already, you might speak to your elders about your plans. There may be sponsorship available through your denomination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back