Suggestions on good preachers/sermons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratiotes

Puritan Board Freshman
Just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on good reformed pastors/sermons. I like Paul Washer, but need more good preachers 2 listen 2. Any Suggestions??? Thank you

Top on my list would be Sinclair Ferguson who has sermons both on Sermon Audio.com and at First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, SC.He's not only a wonderful preacher, but he also taught many young pastors at Westminster Seminary, including my own whose sermons are here: Bethel. The series he just finished on John was masterful. If you're just beginning to grapple with reformed doctrine, you might find RC Sproul (senior) and Ligonier helpful. You'll find some difference of opinion regarding Ligonier often regarding the methodology used to defend the faith. You might also want to visit opc.org that has links to sermons in the right hand column of its landing page, toward the bottom. When I'm looking for sermons on a specific portion of scripture, I find this to be a "safe" starting point.

Tough to go wrong with Joel Beeke from Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary. His sermons are available on sermonaudio.com. I also enjoy Albert Mohler's preaching (from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary). His sermons are online at albertmohler.com.

2 solidly reformed expository preachers who love the gospel and the glory of God!

Wow. Just listened to Dr. Beeke,The sermon was called Going home justified. What a great sermon, emphisizing the depths of the wonderful grace of our God. Thank God the Father for His Son Jesus Christ!!!! Thanks again Andrew. Rom 8 28. Soli Deo Gloria

Me thinks many of the above are backsliding somewhat :p . No one has mentioned Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones who certainly is one of the churches greatest expository preachers. Over 2000 of his sermons are available to listen too Sermons | MLJ Trust

Anything by Joel Beeke, Foppe VanderZwaag, and Bartel Elshout, all on sermonaudio.com and my own personal favourite, Christo Heiburg, at zurch.ca. (Our student pastor, Brian Zegers, is also quite good!)

Me thinks many of the above are backsliding somewhat :p . No one has mentioned Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones who certainly is one of the churches greatest expository preachers. Over 2000 of his sermons are available to listen too Sermons | MLJ Trust

I had forgotten about the MLJ Trust. I will go about in sackcloth and ashes in penance. :p

There are 2000+ of his sermons there? I had no idea that many were available now. That's wonderful!

Someone I have found to be pretty consistent is Charles Bonadies - he is definitely reformed, does his homework in commentaries and the text. The best thing is that he sticks close to the text. Oh did I mention he is a Baptist.

Since I'm guessing you're Baptist from your signature, I'd also suggest Voddie Baucham from Grace Family Baptist Church in Spring, TX.
Also, James White from Phoenix Reformed Baptist Church in Phoenix, AZ. He's not the head pastor, but an elder there and he preaches quite frequently. He's been preaching through Hebrews lately.
And then Steve Lawson from Christ Fellowship Baptist Church in Mobile, AL.

Brian Borgman had a couple of cd's out. One was "Introduction to the reformation", then a few series including "Christology", "Atonement"...and a bunch more. He's one of my favorites.
I can't get enough of his sermons.

I would highly recommend listening to Reformed Baptist Pastor Jeff Riddle at Christ Reformed Baptist Church in Charlottesville, VA. You can find his sermons here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back