Superbowl Predictions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishcat922

Puritan Board Sophomore
Who's going to go? It's down to the wire. My hopeful prediction is Pittsburgh vs. Atlanta. Atlanta is my Familie's Hometown so I gotta route for Hotlanta.:bigsmile: Any team but New England.

Not to be a snot, but I guess I am, I predict that I will not watch the game. Sadly, my church is having a Souper Bowl party during the Super Bowl in lieu of the evening service.

I guess I'm alone on this one...nuf said...

Originally posted by Irishcat922
:bigsmile: Any team but New England.
It looks like you didn't complete your thought. Did you mean to say:

Any team, but New England will most likely be one of the teams.

:ditto: :banana::banana::ditto:

No! No! No! No more Patriots! Steelers and Atlanta! The Bus is gonna roll right over the Pats.:bigsmile:

[Edited on 20-1-2005 by Irishcat922]

Guys, threads like this make giving up the NFL even harder. You're causing me to stumble here ;)

I want it to be the Steelers vs the Eagles with the Steelers winning.

But I predict it will be the Patriots vs the Eagles with the Patriots winning 17-10

Originally posted by Irishcat922
No! No! No! No more Patriots! Steelers and Atlanta! The Bus is gonna roll right over the Pats.:bigsmile:
I'm beginning to think that maybe, just maybe, I may have misunderstood what you were trying to say in your previous post.

Originally posted by Ivan
Not to be a snot, but I guess I am, I predict that I will not watch the game. Sadly, my church is having a Souper Bowl party during the Super Bowl in lieu of the evening service.

I guess I'm alone on this one...nuf said...

Ivan, "Yet I have left me seven thousand ... all the knees which have not bowed unto" the elongated ball.

My super bowl prediction - my TV will be off only to be budened by such glorification of men on the Monday morning news and hall talk at work. :banghead:

Originally posted by jfschultz

Ivan, "Yet I have left me seven thousand ... all the knees which have not bowed unto" the elongated ball.

My super bowl prediction - my TV will be off only to be budened by such glorification of men on the Monday morning news and hall talk at work. :banghead:

Wife put her foot down, eh? ;)

Originally posted by govols

No, God did, and it was very well explained and documented by 150 or so men in the 1640's.

Originally posted by houseparent
But I predict it will be the Patriots vs the Eagles with the Patriots winning 17-10

:ditto:

As long as the Eagles win the NFC championship. If we lose another I predict there will be rioting.

1) I'm with Ivan and John on Sunday football and the Sabbath. Would those who watch football on Sundays admit to taking exception to WCF.XXI?

2) I don't give a rip about football anyway unless it's the Bengals, in which case I always have Monday night football and news!

Originally posted by govols

No, God did, and it was very well explained and documented by 150 or so men in the 1640's.

I'll watch it for ya. I usually don't get to watch all of it nor do I really want to watch all of it b/c it usually isn't that good of a game anyways but I will watch a little.

[Ivan, "Yet I have left me seven thousand ... all the knees which have not bowed unto" the elongated ball.

Soli Deo Gloria

bruschifront01242005.jpg
patswin01242005.jpg

[Edited on 1-24-2005 by blhowes]

Those dratted Filthadelphia Eagles.

I really didn't think the Falcons would win but thought there might have been a chance.

Go Patriots !

[Edited on 24-1-2005 by govols]

Returning Superbowl Champion New England Patriots - 20
Worthy Opponent Philadelphia Eagles - 13

Can we not give our opinions on the game without selling out? I may watch the Superbowl and am praying that the Lord help me in this area. So I may not! But I don't think discussing it and what you think the outcome will be is "selling out to the world".

Say I give up watchign ANYTHING on TV on the Sabbath. Can I not read about the NFL, stats, etc on te internet or news paper? Can I no longer make any comments in regard to the NFL in any way unless it's negative?

Originally posted by houseparent
Can we not give our opinions on the game without selling out?...
Regardless of whether you watch it, don't watch it, tape it and watch later, or whatever, what's your prediction? Eagles by ?? points?

[Edited on 2-2-2005 by blhowes]

I watch it so that I know exactly the names of the players that I need to pray that God will cleanse their heart. Their names are on the back of their jerseys so it makes it easier.

:bigsmile:

The score so far:

Sold out to the World: 7
Maintain the Sabbath: 3

:(

Rom 12:2

Seeing as I hold to an evening and morning Sabbath instead of a morning and evening Sabbath....and many do scripturally...I would not say those ppl are sold out to the world.

Our small group is getting together early for study first and then a superbowl party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back