Support Group for Atheist for "Christian" Clergy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMcFadden

Puritanboard Commissioner
Just when you thought that you had heard it all, now we have support groups for atheist "Christian" clergy?

Religion News Service | Faith | Clergy & Congregations | For clergy, lost faith can lead to lost family, jobs

BETHESDA, MD (RNS) As coming out parties go, this was a big one.

As the American Atheists convention here wound down in March, a woman with short dark hair and a dark suit took the stage. Standing under the projection of a large capital “A,” she told the crowd of several hundred that she was a pastor who, for the last several months, had been questioning her beliefs online under the pseudonym “Lynn.”

Then she took a deep breath and said, “My name is Teresa. And I am an atheist.” As the room exploded with cheers, Teresa MacBain wiped away tears.

MacBain, 44, is the latest “graduate” of The Clergy Project, an online support network for pastors who, like her, have lost their faith and found atheism.

A little Google work and you can even find several of her pre-coming out sermons on SermonCentral.com!

Daughter of a SBC pastor, she was a United Methodist.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but so far I have probably encountered more atheist jargon than her and have stood firm.
You just wonder if these people are extreme gullible or what....?

My friend's neighbour is an atheist and a clergyman. I just don't understand how these people get away without being de-frocked by their denominational leaders.

I seriously wonder how people graduate from most mainline seminaries without becoming atheists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back