Supporting family members with deviant belief systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
SolaScriptura;

For example, if you're a baptist and you have a friend who is a presbyterian, and your presbyterian friend has a baby and then invites you to the baptism of that child, would you attend in order to show support to your friend?

yes, when I attended the Baptist church, I went to the Presbyterian Church for Baptism's and now going to a Presbyterian Church I would go to a friends Baptism in the Baptist church..

What about if you have a family member who is Roman Catholic and they have a child who is to be baptized or perhaps receive first communion... and they invite you... would you attend as a show of familial love and support?

When my niece was Baptized in the Catholic church I went, but I did not attend her first Communion. And even before I went to her Baptism he and I talked for a long time about our differences in beliefs concerning it. He no longer attends the RCC..

What if you have a family member who is Mormon and their boy is to be baptized... do you attend to show support?

I would not

Or what if you've got a Jewish friend and they invite you an important religious observance such as circumcision or something? Do you attend to show support to your family?

I doubt I would go..

How much deviance will you tolerate before you will not show up to encourage and enhance the joy of your family member or friend?

If they have a family/friends gathering AFTER the event I may go..but I'm not sure I would go to the "religious" event itself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back