Survey on Your Eschatology

What camp best describes your eschatology?

• Premillennial

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Amillennial

Votes: 75 68.2%
  • Postmillennial / Partial Preterist

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • Preterist More than Partial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panmillennial (It will all pan out in the end. Unsure)

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
What is your eschatological view. Just in terms of mainline views.

Choose your "closest" as a general view.

Last edited:
Amillenialism here, though I am still searching the Scriptures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not dead set on eschatology because I haven't studied this doctrine. But from listening to sermons and debates, I appreciate and lean towards Post-Millennial. Ive heard a few Ministers argue in the past that both the Continental Creeds 3FU and Westminster Confession of Faith teach Postmillennialism and it sounded pretty convincing.

Ive heard a few Ministers argue in the past that both the Continental Creeds 3FU and Westminster Confession of Faith teach Postmillennialism and it sounded pretty convincing.

Maybe WCF, but TFU? Postmillennialism is an allowable view for those who confess the Three Forms of Unity, it's compatible, but it's not explicitly taught there. If anyone's saying that, it's just wishful thinking -- a little too much postmillennial optimism.

Ive heard a few Ministers argue in the past that both the Continental Creeds 3FU and Westminster Confession of Faith teach Postmillennialism and it sounded pretty convincing.

Maybe WCF, but TFU? Postmillennialism is an allowable view for those who confess the Three Forms of Unity, it's compatible, but it's not explicitly taught there. If anyone's saying that, it's just wishful thinking -- a little too much postmillennial optimism.

One minister I recall is Dr. Nigel F. Lee who made that claim. I'll try to find the Podcast and send it to you.

Eschatology of Victory in the Continental Creeds by Dr. Nigel F. Lee
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=72205125547

If he's arguing that the TFU are postmillennial, he's in a distinct minority. I've never read a commentary on the Belgic Confession, for example, which claims that the Confession's eschatological perspective is postmillennial. Besides, it would be anachronistic to apply a category like that to a Reformation-era document.

Kind of historicist amil with a sort of postmillennial emphasis on missions where the "isles wait for his law."

Amillennial, modified idealist / eclectic per GK Beale, DE Johnson, Wm. Hendriksen, et al., with some additions of my own (see chapter, The Fate of Babylon). Of all the doctrinal-theological areas, eschatology is the only one still being developed and finalized.

I'm Postmill but my position is a lot closer to Amill than it is Postmill Preterist so I chose Amill.

Last edited:
I am a recovering 'this is too confusing/I will never understand this/it does not really matter as long as Jesus is coming back again' -ist.

Starting to study eschatology now and am leaning partial preterist/postmill, although there are still many bumps for me to smooth out in my head. So right now I will affirm a very very optimistic amil.

Coming out of strict Dispensational teachings, have migrated from the 2 stage second coming view, ole pretrib rapture, to now the historical premil viewpoint, as held by Spurgeon!

I'm premil, but unlike most, don't believe in a pre-trib rapture. I'm leaning toward believing in an Islamic (rather than Roman) antichrist.

I'm premil, but unlike most, don't believe in a pre-trib rapture. I'm leaning toward believing in an Islamic (rather than Roman) antichrist.

Is that Macarthur's position Mary? Does he also not believe in a pre trib rapture?

I'd like to see a larger voting. We have literally thousands on the board. I'm just curious overall as to where the consensus of confessional Christians stand.

I'd like to see a larger voting. We have literally thousands on the board. I'm just curious overall as to where the consensus of confessional Christians stand.
I understand your fustration with people not voting. When I asked for peoples top sermons only got a few responses.

Is that Macarthur's position Mary? Does he also not believe in a pre trib rapture?

I recall that he does believe in a pre-trib rapture. I earnestly hope that the pre-trib rapture folks are right and I'm wrong. MacArthur definitely believes in an Islamic antichrist. The Roman antichrist folks are rapidly becoming extinct.

The main problem with that viewpoint though seems to be that Jesus told the Jews that they would reject Him as true Messiah, and would accept another one coming in his own name. Going by their theology of Dispensational regarding end times, why would the Jews accept Muslim as their messaih?

Postmil. The amil position seems to lack "direction" within history.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I recall that he does believe in a pre-trib rapture. I earnestly hope that the pre-trib rapture folks are right and I'm wrong. MacArthur definitely believes in an Islamic antichrist. The Roman antichrist folks are rapidly becoming extinct.

No we aren't. The Pope has already clearly defined Allah, Jehovah, and Jesus as the same God. A merged Pope and Islamic final one man antiChrist is very much a possibility, if not indeed already reality. Time will tell.

I always tended to see the Church of Rome more akin to the False Prophet in Revelation... Worldwide religion church of end times...

Muslims have an eschatology that resembles Christian eschatology turned on its head. Their coming messiah, called Mahdi, is a world ruler, similar in essence to beast # 1 of Revelation 13. Their Isa is the religious side-kick of the Mahdi, similar in essence to Beast #2 of Revelation 13. They also have a "bad guy" who opposes the Mahdi and Isa, one who will come claiming to be the Son of God who was crucified and risen from the dead. The essence of the two eschatologies is similar, but their good guys are our bad guys and vice versa. Joel Richardson's "The Islamic Antichrist" is a good summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back