Synod of Dort Print

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgkortus

Puritan Board Freshman
I have a friend who is looking for a print of the Synod of Dort—the large, color print that is often found (or at least ought to be found) hanging conspicuously in Reformed institutions nicely clothed in a wood frame. Regrettably, and likely a sign of the times, or perhaps indicative of how jealously those who have them guard them, he—after much searching—has hitherto been unsuccessful at finding one on this side of the pond. The only ones he has found for sale are in the motherland (see, for example, https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/antiek...6ed2a557deff636f4f8b9c5b7a618&previousPage=lr). Before he expends himself further to try to import one, he is wondering if the PB has any leads to securing one with less hassle.

I have the color print. The problem is it was given to me by a Dutch elder in the Highlands of Scotland (there's an anomaly!)
As far as I can tell, there are no color prints to be had anywhere. Many ppl have looked at mine and wanted the same print. It has no print ID or identification. 20210409_184341.jpg

I have the color print. The problem is it was given to me by a Dutch elder in the Highlands of Scotland (there's an anomaly!)
As far as I can tell, there are no color prints to be had anywhere. Many ppl have looked at mine and wanted the same print. It has no print ID or identification.

That print is a beauty—exactly what my friend is looking for! And I think I want one now too. Any chance you would be willing to shave three, preferably four, zeros off that price tag? :)

Sorry, can't part with it. Strange that someone hasn't done something in color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back