T.M. Moore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coram Deo

Puritan Board Junior
As Anybody heard of T.M. Moore? What is his persuasion? Is he Reformed?

I picked up a book by him today in a discount store that looked interesting... "Psalms in Prayer"?

Has anybody heard of it? What should I be aware of in the book or his background?

Most of his stuff is excellent. While most is on the basic level, it is quite good. Yes, he is Reformed (most of his books are published by P & R). I enjoy his work.

This book seems to be published by Baker...

Where is his church?

Most of his stuff is excellent. While most is on the basic level, it is quite good. Yes, he is Reformed (most of his books are published by P & R). I enjoy his work.

Around Chesapeake Bay, I would imagine. He mentored a dear friend of mine (who is Reformed). If I recall correctly, he is president of Chesapeake Bay Seminary, or something like that.

He used to write for Chuck Colson's Prison Forum. They were pretty good articles. He is what Klineans would call a "transformationalist." He represented the "Christian America" approach in God and Politics: 4 Views. He gave a stinging critique of Principled Pluralism.

As Anybody heard of T.M. Moore? What is his persuasion? Is he Reformed?

I picked up a book by him today in a discount store that looked interesting... "Psalms in Prayer"?

Has anybody heard of it? What should I be aware of in the book or his background?

Did he write the book on Redeeming Pop Culture? If so, is it any good? :)

I first met TM when he was an assistant pastor at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church back in the late ‘70s. He was a close friend of a close friend who was also an assistant at CRPC. He went on to serve for a time at Chesapeake Seminary (now Chesapeake Reformed Theological Seminary), but he no longer serves that institution. I believe he is still associated with Prison Fellowship and now hosts something called The Fellowship of Ailbe, "a spiritual fellowship in the Celtic Christian tradition".

His writing is very good, in my opinion.

TM Moore...

I first met TM when he was an assistant pastor at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church back in the late ‘70s. He was a close friend of a close friend who was also an assistant at CRPC. He went on to serve for a time at Chesapeake Seminary (now Chesapeake Reformed Theological Seminary), but he no longer serves that institution. I believe he is still associated with Prison Fellowship and now hosts something called The Fellowship of Ailbe, "a spiritual fellowship in the Celtic Christian tradition".

His writing is very good, in my opinion.

He lives in TN and his ministry is also involved in mentoring pastors. Last May he came back to MD to lead a leadership weekend for our session. I believe he last served as a pastor in an EPC church. The website above is the active place for TM on the internet.

Conrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back