TD Jakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by webmaster
Heretic. Avoid him. Help others to do so as well.

Yes,I agree.I see a prideful man when I look upon his book covers.

A woman where I work(who I do believe is true Christian) watches him.:banghead:

Anything to show and tell her about him?

Thankyou for moving this.I thought I made a mistake putting it in General Discussions.Looks as though I was right.

[Edited on 2-5-2005 by Average Joey]

He used to be a Oneness Pentecostal, and still retains much of that influence on the Trinity. He also preaches a Word of Faith-esque message at times.

How is it that these guys call themselves Ministers of the Gospel and yet when pressed will say they are not theologians, like that somehow excuses error. I don't get it.

Originally posted by Average Joey
Originally posted by OS_X
I just posted most of the info related on a secular message board I frequent.

Here:

http://www.the5thquarter.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20005&view=findpost&p=334056

I enjoyed reading this.Thankyou sir!:bigsmile:

NP. I need to actually make this an article of some sort for my site (and DL the related articles from CRJ, CT and so forth).

I don't think Jakes will ever take a stand one way or the other, truth be told. He wants to be viewed as a 'uniter' and not a 'divider'..... so being a theological relativist is the best way. Brings more people to you and more people = more money.

Speaking of T.D. Jakes...

I just got lambasted at a Super Bowl party for saying that T.D. Jakes is a heretic. They thought it was arrogant of me to say that since I "don't know his heart." :barfy:

Originally posted by hhtuck
I just got lambasted at a Super Bowl party for saying that T.D. Jakes is a heretic. They thought it was arrogant of me to say that since I "don't know his heart." :barfy:

You may not know his heart, but you sure know his theology; is that not enough? This is how one is determined to be orthodox or unorthodox. For all that would be worth, no one would ever be able to claim heresy ever as only God knows the heart......silliness.

Originally posted by Draught Horse
TD Jake$, Joel Ol$teen

Don't forget Clepto...er... Creflo Dollar:

dollarbill.gif

and Benny:

benny.gif

and here's one more for T(rinity) D(enying) Jakes....

jakes.gif

T.D Jakes shows the power of Oratory and Rhetoric. It doesn't matter what is preached, as long as it is preached good. :cool:

Let's face it, T.D Jakes and Olsteen have way more sauce in their presentation than Old Man Sproul and Sproul Jr :cool: :D:

[Edited on 2-16-2005 by Slippery]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back