Ten years a member and post prowler... Time to introduce?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vertigocreative, Feb 2, 2019.

1. vertigocreative

vertigocreative Puritan Board Freshman

I'm Jon Sharp! I'd just like to thank you all for many years of worthwhile reading, learning, laughing and crying on the old PuritanBoard! Been fun watching it, and its users, morph and grow over the years. Soli Deo Gloria!

2. Herald

Herald Moderator Staff Member

Hello, Jon. I was a lurker before I joined in 2005. It is a good reminder that our words are often read by people who may never take the time to respond.

3. Jeri Tanner

Jeri Tanner Moderator Staff Member

Hehe, love it.

4. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

Welcome.

What made you want to join?

5. TheOldCourse

TheOldCourse Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome! I was surprised when I looked at my profile and it said I only joined the board in 2014 because I had been reading it for so much longer. Glad to have you!

6. vertigocreative

vertigocreative Puritan Board Freshman

Q.
    A. All the help the forum afforded me during the prior ten years of God leading me out of Arminianism and Pentecostalism.

In 1996, my faith was challenged by some punk I heard on the radio. I think his name was John MacArthur. He was hammering on all things charismatic. I was offended and dedicated myself to finding this guy and defending my faith. I ended up actually reading my bible, and being slapped around instead of being able to defend myself. I'm eternally grateful for Dr. MacArthur's boldness, at least for my own soul's sake. In 1997, I got his shiny new study bible as a gift from my wife.

That led me to a long journey out, to the glorious Doctrines of Grace and a place of rest in the sovereignty of God.

Many of you here have had your own divinely orchestrated part in my growth! Finally I joined in 2008, but being self-employed, raising four kids, and always being dedicated to ministry somewhere, meant I always steered clear of jumping into the deep water of engaging with PuritanBoard threads as a commenter!

That's pretty much it!

7. Taylor Sexton

Taylor Sexton Puritan Board Sophomore

Ah, you answered this post in a catechism format. I like you already. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. hammondjones

hammondjones Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome!

9. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

A belated greetings, I suppose.

10. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

Welcome to the board, Jon!