Terrible Time Logging in to the PB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Walsh

Puritan Board Senior
This is the first time I have been able to log in since last night, and that only once after about three hours of failed attempts. I got an email stating the someone else has been using my user name trying to log in.

"The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 10.187.241.176."

I sent a message to <[email protected]> about the problem but have not heard back yet. Does anyone know what might be wrong other than the obvious that, "someone is using my username."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info, Ed. The issue is being looked into.

There were others having problems of various kinds at the same time as you.

Can't tell right now if the matter is internal or external, program or vulnerability

See Rich's post in updates; this should be largely fixed now. The email does get generated after some failed log ins, but the issue was how log ins are checked.

On another forum where I am a moderator, we have to change our passwords every 6 months. I wasn't home, hadn't changed it on the internet, and didn't understand why the old password wasn't logging me in when I attempted to log in on tapatalk

I entered my old password a few times and it counted these as a hacker attempting to hijack my account and sent the same email messages.

Of course once I got home I realized what was going on and updated my password and the problem ceased. Just mentioning it in case it might be useful in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back