Thanking & Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zadok

Puritan Board Freshman
1. How do I thank posters?

2. Being a Brit and not used to the American educational system, can someone please explain the posters rank - e.g. freshman, junior etc. and how does one graduate from one to the other?

Many thanks!

You get an icon to "thank" at the bottom right of every post, I believe that you have to post 15 times before this option becomes avaialble (but it could be 25).

I believe that graduation occcurs as you achieve a higher number of posts.

I could see a thank you icon on your reply but I cannot see them on other posts. So it could be that this was because I started the thread that it appeared, and that you are right that I have not posted enough yet to be able to thank other posters.

It is just that I did not want to seem ungrateful!

Re: graduation - not sure that this is linked with the number of posts. Will keep my eyes peeled on the stats to see if this holds true.

I could see a thank you icon on your reply but I cannot see them on other posts. So it could be that this was because I started the thread that it appeared, and that you are right that I have not posted enough yet to be able to thank other posters.

It is just that I did not want to seem ungrateful!

Re: graduation - not sure that this is linked with the number of posts. Will keep my eyes peeled on the stats to see if this holds true.

You become a sophomore at 500 posts, a junior at 1000, senior at 2000, etc.

The thought apparently being - if you reach the "upper echelons" and have not left or been banned, you have to be learning something! :)

Wondered

http://www.puritanboard.com/349377-post6.html

Puritanboard Freshman 1 Posts
Puritanboard Sophmore 500 Posts
Puritanboard Junior 1000 Posts
Puritanboard Senior 2000 Posts
Puritanboard Graduate 3000 Posts
Puritanboard Postgraduate 4000 Posts
Puritanboard Professor 5000 Posts
Puritanboard Doctor 6000 Posts

I had wondered that myself, plus about the other titles.

Is there somewhere those are explained too?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back