The "Abuse Crisis" - Is it the next Critical Race Theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were saying?

ef74d9b67f7898867fa19000772fbdde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you think the problem here is with Ms. Greenberg and not with our churches then you haven't been paying attention. May the Lord break our hearts and bring his justice!

If you think the problem here is with Ms. Greenberg and not with our churches then you haven't been paying attention. May the Lord break our hearts and bring his justice!

Not a problem with Ms Greenberg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn’t appear you’re really paying attention or seeking the truth. Jennifer Greenberg may have a history of victim hood (for all we know), but she has discredited herself through obvious lying, distortion of facts, and lewd attention seeking. Many people and organizations have ended up becoming victims of her slander.

It doesn’t appear you’re really paying attention or seeking the truth. Jennifer Greenberg may have a history of victim hood (for all we know), but she has discredited herself through obvious lying, distortion of facts, and lewd attention seeking. Many people and organizations have ended up becoming victims of her slander.

I would point you to the letter written by Pastor Bill Shisko, a well-respected minister in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church and Pastor of Ms. Greenberg. He wrote the following earlier this year:

"The purpose of this communication is to confirm that Ms. Greenberg is a member in good standing of the OPC in an Orthodox Presbyterian congregation. Any statements to the effect that Ms. Greenberg was never really abused, that she filed false police reports, that she falsely accused innocent people, that she never filed police reports against her abusers, or that she herself is an abuser, are slanderous and false accusations.

I have come to this conclusion after reviewing literally hundreds of relevant documents, including police reports, court records, victim testimonies, and email threads."

You can read his whole letter, written on behalf of their Session, here:

I would point you to the letter written by Pastor Bill Shisko, a well-respected minister in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church and Pastor of Ms. Greenberg. He wrote the following earlier this year:

"The purpose of this communication is to confirm that Ms. Greenberg is a member in good standing of the OPC in an Orthodox Presbyterian congregation. Any statements to the effect that Ms. Greenberg was never really abused, that she filed false police reports, that she falsely accused innocent people, that she never filed police reports against her abusers, or that she herself is an abuser, are slanderous and false accusations.

I have come to this conclusion after reviewing literally hundreds of relevant documents, including police reports, court records, victim testimonies, and email threads."

You can read his whole letter, written on behalf of their Session, here:
Last year, I recall Jennifer being discussed on this blog. I ended up reading many articles, including Jennifer’s blog, testimonies, and conducting extensive research to arrive at my aforementioned conclusion. If you want to rest on some short statement by a pastor (who was likely pressured to provide) which is highlighted on Jennifer’s blog, fine.

It's something that the Wartburg is reporting this. Most of what I have seen from them has been trying to back up every little accusation.

We need to become aware of this problem and identify the major players and start making ourselves familiar with what is happening because this has the ability to become just as big as CRT.
Agreed. Take a legitimate issue (e.g. racism, abuse), hijack it, and use it to bully the majority of people who will do anything to not be accused of being on the wrong side of that issue. Works every time. But I never can get my head around how often the same people will fall for the same trick. You think, "Surely this time people will see this for what it is!" Nope.

581eac764e03e04766b03197ddde316a.jpeg

If you look at his history, he has always been a social justice person in my opinion. In his latest talks he has been really into the social justice "gospel" as well.
God will preserve his remnant. We don’t need a cultural diversity plan and big city solutions.....

One can oppose Tim Keller (as I, a nationalist monarchist, do) and still highlght abuse crises within the church.
There is a fine line between identifying what is a ‘crisis,’ where it is prevelant (a denomination, a location, a single church, etc.).... It’s another story to seek a fundamental transformation based on enlightened humanism. Jesus is a radical for all ages - nobody transforms and transcends our tired culture wars the way he does while maintaining a just, righteous, holy people. He will keep His church and His people on point.

Last edited:
One can oppose Tim Keller (as I, a nationalist monarchist, do) and still highlght abuse crises within the church.
No one denies that abuse happens in churches and that it should be dealt with in a manner consistent with godliness. All are not agreed, however, that there is an "abuse crisis" per se. But there are many enemies of the church who are all too happy to foist one on us, whether justified or not.

Last edited:
No one denies that abuse happens in churches and that it should be dealt with in a manner consistent with godliness. All are not agreed, however, that there is an "abuse crisis" per se. But there are many enemies of the church who are all too happy to foist one on us whether justified or not.
This, I believe, is the impetus for the discussion. @Ben Mordecai can correct me if he disagrees.

No one denies that abuse happens in churches and that it should be dealt with in a manner consistent with godliness. All are not agreed, however, that there is an "abuse crisis" per se. But there are many enemies of the church who are all too happy to foist one on us, whether justified or not.
I certainly don't believe it is pandemic level. I think a lot of organizations (Campus Crusade, RZIM, etc) as well as some fringe-level denominations, have operated without much accountability for decades and it is now coming to light.

Established Critical Race Theory hustler is now stirring up for some kind of "bombshell". This is why I am saying we need to be on guard.

View attachment 8056
What keeps bothering me about this sort of thing is that I grew up in the church and my dad -- the pastor -- was always pretty open with us about what was going on.

If there's a church that doesn't have attendees or former attendees who feel like they've been "abused" or experience abuse in some form, you are probably attending a church of one.

To just give a current example, a guy just left the church because my dad from the pulpit described someone in a pulpit anecdote and happened to mention his long hair and beard, to provide a little color.

This guy also happens to have a beard and long hair. My dad wasn't referring to him, and meant no offense whatsoever.

But he felt "abused" and left the church in a rage. He still won't come back.

I can relate innumerable stories of issues like this, where people are extremely upset or feel they have been mistreated over petty matters, misinterpretations, etc.

This is not to excuse real abuse, which is horrifically common. But the realities of church life and ministry should cause us to exercise extreme care when attempting to dig up dirt like this. Most people can point to times in their church when they've felt snubbed or mistreated. I know I can.

Do we really want to go hunting these stories down, with a focus on particular denominations? Not healthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back