The American Flag: In Our Sanctuaries???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by puritansailor
most people probablly don't even know why those flags are in the sanctuaury. It's just something they've always done. I bet the practice probably goes back to WW2

Funny but true story. In a rural SBC church I pastored out in West Texas, the congregation decided it was time to get a new flag for the "sanctuary." We were not sure how old the old one really was, but it was dusty and faded so a new flag was purchased. (I was a pastor but not an elder so I did not have a say in it - our church will not have flags or other adornments in it). When they went to set up the new flag and asked what to do with the old one, a deacon spoke up and said he remembered when that flag was put in the church and he wanted it to take home and hang on his wall if he could. It was revealed upon close examination as the flag was removed that it had only 48 stars!!! The deacon wanted it because it represented for him "what these United States should still be." He said it was the flag before the last 2 useless states were admitted!

:lol::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back