The Beard - Symbol of manhood and token of the superior nature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*this is now in fun*

But like most Alexandrian movers and shakers Clement was Greek, and haven't you seen Hercules on TV? As to body type Greeks tend to be very stocky and have always been good at hand to hand. Besides, you can't pick a guy at a late time in his life and compare him with yourself in your prime. What if the guy was an expert at pankration in his youth? And the idea they "we're bigger now" does have an element of truth, but not as much as some people think. The volcano statues of Pompey have shown us that the people who lived there then were bigger than the people who live in the same area now, and Roman legionaires had to be at least 5 foot 9 before they could inlist. And if you get to take your gun, then it's an escalation that moves away from personal manliness to technological advantage.

However, your data is skewed because it only examines those famous for their physical stature and then presumes that same nature for every Greek. There is no evidence that Clement was of campare to the mythological Hercules, or Pompey.

Secondly, it's not escalation. He can bring his prized beard, I'll bring my A-5. Fair to me. :D

Thirdly, I'm confident I can beat him in his prime. A man of 5'9 is of average size. I am a full 7 inches taller than him. The fact that he might be stocky is of little consequence. As a result of my Germanic heritage, I am broad shouldered and broad chested with a strong lower body.

Call his agent and get him to the States, we'll thrown down right here right now.

I'm confident I can beat him in his prime. A man of 5'9 is of average size. I am a full 7 inches taller than him. The fact that he might be stocky is of little consequence. As a result of my Germanic heritage, I am broad shouldered and broad chested with a strong lower body.

Call his agent and get him to the States, we'll thrown down right here right now.

You know, Andrew, you might just have the temperament for a litigator.

litigator_zoom.jpg

On the other hand, if this legal thing doesn't work out, you may have a nice career in the WWE Smackdown.

How do you know you could whoop Clement?

Well, a few reasons actually.

1. I am 6'4 and 255 pounds. I can beat a lot of people up. Unless Clement was exceptionally large or skilled in hand to hand combat, it's unlikely he'd give me much of a fight.

2. People were much smaller back then. Take into account the fact that Clement was an Alexandrian and I am predominately German and you're guaranteed a disproportionate match-up in size and general body build.

3. I am a Calvinist. We have cold, black hearts which fuels our blood-lust for Arminians, universalists, and Alexandrians.

4. He didn't have guns. I have a Browning A-5 12 gauge shotgun.

There are other reasons, but these should prove sufficient to show that I would, with little doubt, absolutely beat Clement with his severed left arm despite my "unmanliness" (in his opinion) in a lack of beard.

All those reasons, and of course, (a fifth reason you forgot to mention), the fact that Clement is DEAD should make him no trouble at all for you!:lol::lol:

I was reminded of this story this morning:

2 Sam 10:4,5 Wherefore Hanun took David's servants, and shaved off the one half of their beards, and cut off their garments in the middle, [even] to their buttocks, and sent them away. When they told [it] unto David, he sent to meet them, because the men were greatly ashamed: and the king said, Tarry at Jericho until your beards be grown, and [then] return.

Notice that the men were ashamed. But by David's answer it seems they were more ashamed of their marred beard than the fact their 'buttocks' was showing! :lol:

Last edited:
I thought the true test of manhood was how many kids you have. :smug:

Father of 9.
n563655682_215291_8701.jpg

n563655682_298906_9824.jpg

Pastor Jerrold,

Excuse meeeeee. But, based on the best critical and exegetical study of Psa 127:5, it has been determined that you are over the quiver quota limit for "arrows." You have been advised by the magisterium of Calvinistic PooBahs to either pay your annual Exceeding the Approved Quiver Quota Surcharge or . . . throw one of them back. Personally, I would suggest the hairy white one on the far right.

:lol: pfffffttttttbuahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

I thought the true test of manhood was how many kids you have. :smug:

Father of 9.
n563655682_215291_8701.jpg

n563655682_298906_9824.jpg

My dad is more of a man then you are then!:p

Beautiful family. When I first saw it, I felt a pang of pity for your girls, having to grow up with all those boys!:eek: My three sisters have to put up with all seven of us boys, and that is a :worms: better left closed.

:offtopic:
Sir, I highly doubt that you need any advice as a father, from someone as young and inexpierenced as me, but if I could presume upon you for a second: A man's views and treatment of women depend on how he was raised to treat his sister/s. Demand respect, protectiveness, and adoration for your daughters from your sons, and demand modesty and mutual respect from your girls. If you want to see a home where the/my parents just missed some of those basic points, you're invited over for a few days to my house.:um:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back