The beauty of a simple, childlike faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeking_Thy_Kingdom

Puritan Board Sophomore
At the beginning of this year I hit a deep spiritual dryness, nothing I was reading or doing was effecting me or even bringing me joy. My reading list was long and just thinking about it made me feel quite defeated, depressed almost.

I then decided to get rid of the list of deep and difficult books by men living in a different time and situation, and went back to the basics.... I simply read the Scriptures and the confessions.

I quickly realized that it had been years since I just sat and read Gods Word. My M’Cheyne plan was all I did, and even though it is a highly effective method, I was reading it just to check the box and then move on to other books outside of the Canon.

The joy I felt from just reading the Bible and the confessions, especially the Canons of Dort were incredibly comforting... the darkness in my heart and mind fled and was replaced by the warm glow of a childlike faith.

I also drastically cut my online time down, especially in an election year it is probably just better for my sanity to rest in Gods providence rather than the chaos of a secular nation grasping at straws.

Just as God himself is most wise, unchangeable, all-knowing, and almighty, so the election made by him can neither be suspended nor altered, revoked, or annulled; neither can his chosen ones be cast off, nor their number reduced.
Canons of Dort, First Head Article 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back