The Beauty of God

Status
Not open for further replies.

InSlaveryToChrist

Puritan Board Junior
Paul Washer on the beauty of God:

”Imagine collecting all the most beautiful things that ever existed in the whole world, and putting them in one room. Now, that would be wonderful. You could sit there for days and just look at all the beauty. I mean, you wouldn’t need a television set, you wouldn’t need some sort of video game – you could just sit there for days and look at all the beauty that you had collected from everywhere in the universe. But now listen, If God walked into the room – that room that contained all the most beautiful things in the universe – His beauty would be so great that you would never want to look at those other beautiful things again, because they would be ugly in comparison to God. That’s how beautiful God is.

I believe God is so beautiful that He will have to strengthen you supernaturally with His power just so that you can look at Him. Because if He didn’t, His beauty would be so great that it would make us lose our minds – if not our lives. Have you ever seen something that was so beautiful – like a sunset, or sunrise, or something like that – that it just took your breath away? God would be so beautiful – He IS so beautiful – that it would take your breath away.”

I wholeheartedly agree with what Paul Washer said.

Last edited:
Something along similar lines he says is that heaven will be us continually tracking Him down. I love the quote you give, because it stretches me to think more of Him, and greater of Him. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back