The Big Green Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pastor,

I've thought about getting one of those. Do you have one? How much do they cost and what are some of the benefits of it?

Originally posted by SemperFideles
Pastor,

I've thought about getting one of those. Do you have one? How much do they cost and what are some of the benefits of it?
Rich,

As far as I'm concerned, the Big Green Egg is the ultimate in smoking meat. For years I used one of those $35-$40 Brinkman smokers with charcoal and a water pan to keep the meat moist. I could smoke a 13lb turkey in about eight hours, having to refill it with charcoal and the pan with more water.

With the Big Green Egg, it's designed in such a way that one no longer needs a water pan to keep the meat moist (It holds the moisture in). And I can smoke the same turkey, even a 15 pounder in about three hours.

They are a bit expensive, anywhere from $800 to $1000 plus depending on where you purchase it, and what accessories you buy with it.

DTK

Pastor DTK is a master of the Big Green Egg. He has totaly subdued that thing for the glory of God and the good of human bellies. I have tasted the fruit and it is quite yummy. And, Pastor David has also mastered the art of eating what he smokes. :)

Originally posted by Rich Barcellos
Pastor DTK is a master of the Big Green Egg. He has totaly subdued that thing for the glory of God and the good of human bellies. I have tasted the fruit and it is quite yummy. And, Pastor David has also mastered the art of eating what he smokes. :)

:lol::lol:

That provided the much needed laugh at 2 in the morning.
Maybe if they weren't so expensive, I would get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back