The Catholic Church's view on the death penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pergamum

Ordinary Guy (TM)
How did the current position of the Catholic Church opposing the death penalty come about? Is it recent? Do they appeal to any medieval support? At what point did they become against the death penalty, and has the Pope spoken Ex Cathedra and officially on this subject, such that Catholics must agree on this point as the official doctrine of the Church?

Vatican.II.

The Pope has not spoken ex cathedra on this, nor will he. It's too easy to falsify as the official teaching of the church.

I strongly recommend you read Malachi Martin's Windswept House. He shows how the Vatican used sex magick around the time of Vatican II, and the rest is history.

That book is fiction. Did the author claim that much of it was true?

That's where it gets...interesting. Supposedly Malachi Martin had a conversation with a former pope on the pope's deathbed (or he was standing outside the door and heard the conversation) about the final secret of Fatima and if it isn't obeyed/revealed/whatever, doom will come to the RCC or to the world. I have some friends who knew Martin and supposedly Martin told them the "secret." They won't tell me for some reason. :lol:

Martin was an insider and writes from an insider's perspective. Yes, the book is fiction, but he just changed the names (moreso in his novel Vatican).

Hmmm, I might have to read him then. If you run across the final secret of Fatima, private message me, okay! :)

I remember when I was a traditional papist, I was told there are three situations where killing is permitted: 1) in self defence, 2) in a just war and 3) capital punishment. But since the 1960s and Vatican II, the Romish "church" has done an about-face on many issues.

Regarding Windswept House, I have read it and have come across this list from a traditional Romanist website that supposedly gives the real names of the characters in the novel. I read that Martin combined two Satanic rituals to get the description for the ritual at the beginning of the book.

Wow.....I'd like to hear more about this Windswept House book. I was interested...then thought the writer was probably a kook...but now I am interested again. Any proof that the author wasn't just a kook?

Malachi Martin was a Jesuit priest from Ireland. He served as secretary under Augustin Cardinal Bea from 1958 to 1964, when he left the Jesuit order and moved to New York in 1965. You can read more about him on his Wikipedia article. I've read Windswept House and part of Hostage to the Devil, which is a collection of stories about exorcisms.

Ok, I broke down and bought two of his books...and then ended up googling about the "third secret of Fatima" for awhile.

With regard to the Third Secret of Fatima, the Vatican revealed it in 2000. However, some traditionalists do not believe that what the Vatican revealed was the not the real Third Secret, which still remains hidden. Some traditionalists speculate that there is something in it about the change in the Mass (from the old Tridentine Mass in Latin to the new Mass of Paul VI, which is usually in the vernacular) and opine that the modernist hierarchy wouldn't want that out there.

There is a book about the hidden Third Secret by Italian journalist Antonio Socci, called The Fourth Secret of Fatima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back