The Confessional Presbyterian v17 (2021) ships after March 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
The Confessional Presbyterian journal v17 the Bavinck issue for 2021 ships to GPTS end of week. Very late. Blame Covid and those who wrecked the economy. Books used to take 4-5 weeks to produce, now 12 weeks. You can still order at the pre-order price at this link. If you did not catch the news a year ago, this journal officially came under the arm of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary as publisher last year. They will do all fulfillment of new issues going forward; back issues are still ordered and fulfilled at the original site. General editor (moi) and staff editors remain the same. This new arrangement also gave a home to the most of the original cover artwork that has gone into the last 13 issues (H. O. Old belongs to the family and the v10 Machen has been lost sadly in an unpacking error but a replica is in the works for display). If at GPTS, stop by the boardroom; you'll see portraits from past issues of the journal. See contents by issue here to see what is in each issue including the latest. Issues 1 and 8 are out of print and the handfull if v10s I've reserved for partial set sales (contact me if interested; it's currently an offsite offer).

CPJ Portraits50percent.jpg
CPJ Portraits1-50%.jpg

Thanks for the update; looking forward to the latest issue.

By the way, seeing all the cover artwork on display like that makes me think that a possible way to generate some additional revenue (to pay for all the translation projects) would be to sell high quality prints of those pictures. I would certainly be a buyer of a couple of them. Just a thought.

Not a bad idea, except the journal is now separate from Naphtali Press in that it is published by GPTS. GPTS could do that to supplement their new responsibility for the cost of the journal, as long as they get the artist's permission who still retains the creator copyright. The artist actually does sell the images on inquiry, now that I think about it. The journal has been blessed to have the same artist since v3. and full color since v5's Calvin.

Chris,

Two questions: is there a TOC for this issue? And would there ever be any availability (even for purchase) of an electronic PDF version?

Chris,

Two questions: is there a TOC for this issue? And would there ever be any availability (even for purchase) of an electronic PDF version?
Fred, the Toc is here: https://www.cpjournal.com/contents-by-issue/the-confessional-presbyterian-17-2021/ and all issue by table of contents here: https://www.cpjournal.com/contents-by-issue/
Maybe, may-be, when my body is cold in the grave, GPTS will do an e-version. But it will be their call at some point. The journal is available on ATLA worldwide to scholars at universities and seminaries, but that is the extent of the digital availability.

If you decide to do Vos, I have an article that I would just need to touch up some on Vos and theological encyclopedia. It was originally for a Festschrift for David Wells, edited by Ron Gleason and Gary Johnson. But the volume never materialized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back