The Cult of E-mails about God...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I'm so sick of these e-mails :barfy:

READ THROUGH TO UNDER THE PICTURE.

This is a beautiful photo of a giant flag in Arizona.
The photo is authentic and un-retouched.
The picture was taken on regular Kodak 35 mm film.
The person who took the picture couldn't believe the image created by the sun's rays.
Nice of them to share with the world!

flag.jpg

For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us....go ahead and delete this.

For the rest of us.....pass this on.

Is anybody else tortured by family members who send them stuff like the above?

Why dont think this nation is a godly and Christian nation bringing democracy from sea to shining sea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:barfy:

Originally posted by SemperFideles
I'm so sick of these e-mails :barfy:

READ THROUGH TO UNDER THE PICTURE.

This is a beautiful photo of a giant flag in Arizona.
The photo is authentic and un-retouched.
The picture was taken on regular Kodak 35 mm film.
The person who took the picture couldn't believe the image created by the sun's rays.
Nice of them to share with the world!

flag.jpg

For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us....go ahead and delete this.

For the rest of us.....pass this on.

Is anybody else tortured by family members who send them stuff like the above?

Yes! :barfy:

[Edited on 5-20-2006 by Pilgrim]

Thankfully not . . . I've got one friend from Campus Crusade who every so often sends out a whole bunch of them, but other than that, I'm spared.

My sister sends me ones like these:

This is an actual job application someone submitted at a McDonald's fast-food establishment ... and they hired him! As what?

1. NAME: Greg Bulmash
2. DESIRED POSITION: Reclining. Ha ha. But seriously, whatever's available. If I was in a position to be picky, I wouldn't be applying here in the first place.
3. DESIRED SALARY: $185,000 a year plus stock options and a Michael Ovitz-style severance package. If that's not possible, make an offer and we can haggle.
4. EDUCATION: Yes.
5. LAST POSITION HELD: Target for middle management hostility.
6. SALARY: Less than I'm worth.
7. MOST NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT: My incredible collection of stolen pens and Post-it Notes.
8. REASON FOR LEAVING: It stank.
9. HOURS AVAILABLE TO WORK: Any.
10. PREFERRED HOURS: 1:30-3:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
11. MAY WE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER?: If I had one, would I be here?
12. DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD PROHIBIT YOU FROM LIFTING (UP TO 50 LBS)?: Of what?
13. DO YOU HAVE A CAR?: I think the more appropriate question here would be, "Do you have a car that runs?"
14. HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY SPECIAL AWARDS OR RECOGNITION?: I may already be a winner of the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes.
15. DO YOU SMOKE?: Only when set on fire.
16. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS?: Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy super model who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. Actually, I'd like to be doing that now.
17. DO YOU CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE?: No, but I dare you to prove otherwise.

Originally posted by Paul manata
my Grandma sends stuff like that to me.

Can't really say anything to a Grandma.

But, yes, I think they're a bit silly.

I'd rather her be sending me that instead of the latest missing link find, though!
Right, it's kind of the same for me. The e-mails are from those I can't really say something to as well.

My wife has one friend that I don't even have to open and I know it will be some sort of sappy tale. Those are the only messages she ever sends.

Hahaha. Visions of Constantine danced through my head when I saw that.

"In this sign conquer".

:lol:

I get them from family and friends who get hurt if I don't say something or send them a reply back. What can I say in response to such drivel? I send them links to reformed blogs!:pilgrim:

shelle

Originally posted by Puddleglum
Originally posted by SRoper
Thankfully I've gotten fewer than five forwarded emails in my life.

If you give us your email, I'm sure we can make up for that! :bigsmile:
I'm going to take the time to U2U him all the spam I get!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back