The difference between Canada and New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen L Smith

Administrator
Staff member
There have been a few Canada vs. NZ discussions recently so I thought I would add to it with this funny video clip. He needs to improve his acting skills :)

A couple of corrections:
1. He says we call a holiday home in New Zealand a batch. True. But in the Southern parts of NZ they call it a crib.
2. He says NZ has the worlds steepest Street. This has been contested by the Guinness book of World Records. They have given that record to a Street in Wales. NZ surveyors claim the calculations of the Welsh Street were incorrect, and they are asking the Guinness book of World Records to give the title back to NZ. Its only fair to mention that.

All in good fun :)

He makes some good points. The national addiction to maple syrup is real.

I had never heard the word "beanie" until I was about 14. I had no idea what it meant. I still won't say it.

Canadians do say "buddy" a lot. It has always annoyed me.

And Timbits are so named for the coffee shop chain Tim Hortons, which is itself named for a hockey player.

He makes some good points. The national addiction to maple syrup is real.

I had never heard the word "beanie" until I was about 14. I had no idea what it meant. I still won't say it.

Canadians do say "buddy" a lot. It has always annoyed me.

And Timbits are so named for the coffee shop chain Tim Hortons, which is itself named for a hockey player.

Here out west there is no maple syrup addiction.

It brings me pleasure that NZ could fit inside of the PROVINCE that I live in. As could the entirety of the UK.

Be nice to us. We recently gave Australia a Rugby coach. I did wonder that given Canada's performance at the recent RWC, you might want to request one from us as well ;);)
Most Canadians don't even know we have a rugby team. Hockey is our sport. And curling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back