The Dodgers Are Probably Done - Again

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bookslover, Oct 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bookslover

bookslover Puritan Board Doctor

Well, they now have to win three games in a row - two of them in Boston. It's not impossible, but it's highly implausible. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like they're going to bomb out in two World Series in a row.

I'm a fan, but a realistic one.

2. Taylor Sexton

Taylor Sexton Puritan Board Junior

The Cubs overcame these exact odds a couple/few years ago! It’s possible!

3. bookslover

bookslover Puritan Board Doctor

Well, turns out it's not possible - at least not this year! The Red Sox won the World Series 4 games to 1. Since he was at Dodger Stadium anyway tonight, perhaps manager Dave Roberts took a few minutes to clean out his desk.

All respect to the Boston Red Sox and their pitching staff. They're a great team. They proved it.

4. Alan D. Strange

Alan D. Strange Puritan Board Junior

@bookslover

I always find such a reaction from fans somewhat puzzling: Roberts clean out his desk? Why? The Dodgers won the NL pennant two years in a row. Yes, they lost two WS in a row, but consider the alternative (that of the rest of the NL teams)--not making it there at all!

I know that it's frustrating as a fan, but you have a great team, and no one was going to beat the BoSox this year. They clearly had the best team in the game.

Peace,
    Alan

5. earl40

earl40 Puritan Board Post-Graduate

This is included in all of sports today in that unless one wins the championship people think they had a bad year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.