The Economy of the Covenants Between God and Man by Herman W

Status
Not open for further replies.

love2read

Puritan Board Freshman
Can anybody tell me more about this two volume book besides that it is on covenant theology? Is it worth to pay $30,- for the hardback edition by P&R?
Are there any other books on covenant theology that might be interesting enough to buy instead of the one by Witsius?

love2read,
I haven't read it yet, but I've heard that, if you want a good biblical defense of paedo baptism, covenant theology, etc, Witsius is one of the best. kceaster has some information on his web site about the [u:46235a3abd]Witsius[/u:46235a3abd] and his writings that may be helpful.
Bob

[Edited on 1-20-2004 by blhowes]

This work is, by far, thebest work on the subject. There are other books that are quite good (Such as the Marrow of Modern Divinity by Fisher) by Witsius' book is a watershed book on the subject. If you can but it, it is the best $30 to sepnd on covenant theology books anywhere. Ages Software will allow you to download the book for $10 I think in electornic format www.agessoftware.com But the books are easier to take to bed for reading than your computer...

THANKS

Thanks for the avdise on the computer :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: even though it would be possible since it is 3ft from my bed!!
As soon as I saved my $30,- I will buy it!!!

For those of you interested, I have completed Book I for perusal and download on my site. Thanks for your patience. I will continue to get more of Volume I and II out there as I find the time.

Please enjoy this great work, if you have not done so already.

In Christ,

KC

Has anyone read Joel Beeke's "An Analysis of Herman Witsius's Economy of the Covenants"?

[quote:69f1d5a456][i:69f1d5a456]Originally posted by love2read[/i:69f1d5a456]
Can anybody tell me more about this two volume book besides that it is on covenant theology? Is it worth to pay $30,- for the hardback edition by P&R?
Are there any other books on covenant theology that might be interesting enough to buy instead of the one by Witsius? [/quote:69f1d5a456]

I bought it a couple of weeks ago and have finished Bool I on the Covenant of Works. It is definitely worth the money.

I have that as well. It is a helpful outline to understanding Witsius. Its not complete, and I often have to fill in the blanks, but it is defintiely worth the few dollars.

Wayne...

[quote:4c51b2742b][i:4c51b2742b]Originally posted by wsw201[/i:4c51b2742b]
Has anyone read Joel Beeke's "An Analysis of Herman Witsius's Economy of the Covenants"? [/quote:4c51b2742b]

My pastor has it, but I don't think he's gotten very far in it yet. He's in seminary, too.

I think I'll definitely add it to my summer list.

In Christ,

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back