The Emergent Church: A Reformed Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANKS!

One of my sons is an associate pastor in a Bible church in the midwest. His generation shows an inordinate fascination with trendy things like this. He does not buy into this stuff, but many of his ministerial friends in town do. I will forward it to him after listening to it myself.

Bless you.

It is amazing to see how many otherwise orthodox Churches are incorporating some emergent practices into their liturgy. May the Lord keep us.

Jerrold:

That was excellent. In particular I appreciated the warm and pastoral tone of your exhortations at the end.

In fact, living out a critique of the 'Emergent Church' is really what we must know and do because this movement, as you pointed out, is reaching those who have certain interests and desires. Let us show them that true, classical Christian faith and life always has, and will be what this dying world needs: Christ.

Wow - great sermon! Really enjoyed it, what a blessing.

Also, I also just realised that this is the Weirs Lane FRC that it is not 5 km from Flamborough Calvary CRC where I went while growing up. I had not put it together that you were there just a month ago. I was thousands of miles away, but it was still sort of cool to realise that you were so 'close'.

Thanks again.

Wow - great sermon! Really enjoyed it, what a blessing.

Also, I also just realised that this is the Weirs Lane FRC that it is not 5 km from Flamborough Calvary CRC where I went while growing up. I had not put it together that you were there just a month ago. I was thousands of miles away, but it was still sort of cool to realise that you were so 'close'.

Thanks again.

That whole area is full of Reformed Churches. Here in Alberta we have one per 250 km. In Ontario, one every 2.5 km! I'm pleased you were helped by the lecture brother.

The quote is found in his audio lectures delivered at Westminster from which came his book, Preaching & Preachers. I'm not sure it is in the book. I'd have to check.

I listened on the way home from seminary and I really appreciated it - especially the warm pastoral tone and earnestness.

JH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back