The End of the Law: Mosaic Covenant in Pauline Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
I'm seeking a review of this title. Does the author offer a confessionally Reformed look the Mosaic Law, Dispey, NCT, Lutheran? I've enjoyed the volume in this set about Baptism and wondered about the others.

About the Author
Jason C. Meyer is an Associate Professor of New Testament at Bethlehem College and Seminary in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He has authored a book on the difference in Paul between the old covenant and the new covenant, entitled The End of the Law: Mosaic Covenant in Pauline Theology (B & H Academic, 2009), contributed the chapter on the prison epistles in The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament (B & H Academic, 2009), and is presently writing a biblical and practical theology of preaching (Crossway).

Prior to coming to Bethlehem, Meyer was the Dean of Chapel and Assistant Professor of New Testament and Greek at Louisiana College in Pineville, LA from 2006-2009. Meyer also taught New Testament for the Spring 2010 semester at the Evangelical Theological College in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Before this, he served as the pastor of Orville Baptist Church in Orville, KY, while completing his Ph.D. in New Testament under Thomas R. Schreiner at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY.

At Bethlehem College and Seminary, Meyer will gives oversight in the area of New Testament by teaching and writing for the seminary in his areas of specialization: Paul’s epistles and theology, the Law and the New Testament, preaching, biblical theology, and Greek language.

Thank you.

j

Thank Enrique. After looking at other titles in the series I had a feeling it was Dispey. They did so well on the Baptistism book, I had my hopes up.

j

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back