The Family in Crisis: Three Pastoral Responses [a symposium including FIC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Mathis

Puritan Board Sophomore
There will be a public discussion about all issues germane to the crisis in the families, including family integrated churches and the like. The building is small but the event will be recorded. The hosting church has made the formal announcement:

"You are cordially invited to a panel discussion at Park HIll Presbyterian Church on April 2, 2012, at 7 p.m. entitled "The Family in Crisis: Three Pastoral Responses." In a discussion moderated by the Rev. Greg Thurston, the Revs. Kevin Swanson, Shawn Mathis, and Matthew Kingsbury will present their views on how the Church should respond to the difficulties faced by Christian families today, interact with one another, and take questions from the audience. Held in conjunction with the next stated meeting of the Presbytery of the Dakotas, this evening is intended primarily to further discussion within the presbytery. As this is a matter of great concern to all the Churches, however, we earnestly desire the interest and input of all the brethren."

As soon as the recordings are up, I'll pass the link on.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I'm tempted to actually attend. As you know, anything in-state is rare out here and thought of as nearby. But the drive is still probably too far. I'll be interested in the audio when it's up.

Family in Crisis: Three Pastoral Responses...a bigger attendance than I thought would come. Good questions. A proper Christian dialogue. Papers and recording to be posted soon Lord willing.

Dear PBers,

The audio was recorded on a hard drive. That hard drive crashed. It is still not recovered (and may not be). However, the opening speeches were written out and are here. There will be a few articles summarizing that night up shortly.

[On a related matter, the NCFIC movie had a flagrant misquote detrimental to its historical argument, here).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back