The few. The proud. The...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew P.C.

Puritan Board Junior
Marines. I enlistd into the Marines 3 days ago.

It's been awhile since i've been on, but i thought i would let you guys know. I asked them if I could get Infantry... specifically Rifleman, but I have to wait to see after meps. :( I hope I get it! :D

It's been awhile since i've been on, but i thought i would let you guys know. I asked them if I could get Infantry... specifically Rifleman, but I have to wait to see after meps. :( I hope I get it! :D

May God bless you and preserve you, Andrew, and may you serve with honor to God.

As a Former Marine myself all I can say is...

uuurahh!!!

Though I can see you are going to be a Hollywood Marine. Oh well, not all of us can go to Parris...

It's been awhile since i've been on, but i thought i would let you guys know. I asked them if I could get Infantry... specifically Rifleman, but I have to wait to see after meps. I hope I get it!

Congratulations. Let us know once you have completed basic training. Don't worry about BP's comment about Hollywood Marines. I recall something about the recruits on P.I. wearing nylons, but we won't go there.

As for the infantry, I wouldn't think you would have much trouble getting into the infantry. Why are you desiring to enlist for that MOS? It is not exactly the most attractive. I did enjoy my time as an 0311, though I often wanted to be something more glamorous...

It's been awhile since i've been on, but i thought i would let you guys know. I asked them if I could get Infantry... specifically Rifleman, but I have to wait to see after meps. I hope I get it!

...Don't worry about BP's comment about Hollywood Marines. I recall something about the recruits on P.I. wearing nylons, but we won't go there...

Them be fightin' words!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

From my military experience, ethics and Integrity will bring persecution. But once they realise you are being honest you will develop some great friendships. Even with those who persecute you at first.

Go Navy....

My son wants to be a Marine. I hope he gets what he wants along with what I want. ROTC then an officer.

I can guarantee that you will be a rifleman.

The first lesson: "Every Marine is a rifleman." Some just do other things as their primary specialty.

US Marines - United States Marine Corps - Every Marine a rifleman, heavy machine gunner

Congrats!
military.gif

I dont agree with your decision. But I too pray the Lord will protect and that you will be a steadfast witness to our soldiers.

blade

Congratulations Andrew.

Just do what your told, don't complain, and keep your head down throughout boot camp and you'll be fine.

I don't know when you're going to boot camp but I recommend running every day for a few miles and doing some pushups, pullups, and ab work.

If you can only do a few pullups now then try a pyramid of pullups where you do a set of 3, 4, 5, 4, 3 and then work up until you can do more.

Have your friends and family verbally abuse you and call you names. That'll prepare you too.

P.S. YOU MAGGOT!

Thank you for your service!! Congrats on your fine and brave decision. May God protect you and keep you safe!

Congrats and good luck! As an Air Force guy, I have to admit the Marines are the best branch of the military without question. Thank you for your service, and we'll be praying for you during boot camp...

Andrew,
I was a infantryman in 2/1 (Camp Pendleton) and am now in a commissioning program. As a Sgt. and a leader of men I want you to know that your decision to join the tip of the tip of the spear is brave. May God bless you.

Sgt. Daniel Franzen USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back