The Fullness of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenzedek

Puritan Board Junior
Last year I read Walter Marshall's The Gospel Mystery of Sanctification and I was impressed by the idea of being sanctified by receiving of the fullness of Christ. I am interested in reading more about the idea of receiving of the fullness of Christ and I am hoping someone might recommend a book dealing with this subject and the various practical applications of it.

Thanks.

The Fullness of Christ Unfolded in the History of Joseph by Octavius Winslow

"Our Jesus, the Elder Brother, centers in Himself infinitely more than all the tender love and sympathy found in His whole Church. It was necessary that by every possible human sensibility He should be qualified to be the gracious, sympathizing Head of a suffering body; and no truth is brought out in the history of Joseph more luminously, or exquisitely touching and beautiful, as portraying the Lord Jesus Christ than the deep sensibility of Joseph’s nature.”--Octavius Winslow

The Fullness of Christ Unfolded in the History of Joseph by Octavius Winslow

"Our Jesus, the Elder Brother, centers in Himself infinitely more than all the tender love and sympathy found in His whole Church. It was necessary that by every possible human sensibility He should be qualified to be the gracious, sympathizing Head of a suffering body; and no truth is brought out in the history of Joseph more luminously, or exquisitely touching and beautiful, as portraying the Lord Jesus Christ than the deep sensibility of Joseph’s nature.”--Octavius Winslow

Joseph's story is one of my favorite bible stories. I'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back