The Harold Camping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew there had to be a logical explanation. I hope that if someone decided to start a thread that included only testimonials about people who said enough is enough and left the movement (for lack of a better word), that the thread would be one of our largest threads.

Someone just pointed out to me on Facebook that Family Radio has always claimed to be a "non-prophet" ministry!

:lol:

At least this new date has some credibility. After all it is the third Friday of the tenth month.

I pity this heretic. I pray that he repents soon. He doesn't look too well. I don't want to think of his fate barring repentance.

The globe will be completely destroyed in five months, he said, when the apocalypse comes. But because God's judgment and salvation were completed on Saturday, there's no point in continuing to warn people about it, so his network will now just play Christian music and programs until the final end on Oct. 21.
So no more evangelizing from Family Radio, right? What about kids? Is Camping going to suggest not having kids next?

The globe will be completely destroyed in five months, he said, when the apocalypse comes. But because God's judgment and salvation were completed on Saturday, there's no point in continuing to warn people about it, so his network will now just play Christian music and programs until the final end on Oct. 21.
So no more evangelizing from Family Radio, right? What about kids? Is Camping going to suggest not having kids next?

Well at least we won't have to hear about it endlessly like we did about May 21. Hopefully he will just fade away now.

His next prediction...

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – The evangelical Christian broadcaster whose much-ballyhooed Judgment Day prophecy went conspicuously unfulfilled on Saturday has a simple explanation for what went wrong -- he miscalculated.

Instead of the world physically coming to an end on May 21 with a great, cataclysmic earthquake, as he had predicted, Harold Camping, 89, said he now believes his forecast is playing out "spiritually," with the actual apocalypse set to occur five months later, on October 21.

Camping, who launched a doomsday countdown in which some followers spent their life's savings in anticipation of being swept into heaven, issued his correction during an appearance on his "Open Forum" radio show from Oakland, California.
:smug:

Judgment Day forecaster points to new doomsday date

Is anyone else upset that this (and other events) will be used by atheists, etc. to attack the faith and Christians?

Is anyone else upset that this (and other events) will be used by atheists, etc. to attack the faith and Christians?

Atheists think Christianity is a joke without Camping. They will never change their mind apart from the grace of God. It doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the whole world is so apostate that the idea of the world coming to an end causes them to laugh.

Atheists think Christianity is a joke without Camping. They will never change their mind apart from the grace of God. It doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the whole world is so apostate that the idea of the world coming to an end causes them to laugh.

Absolutely. I encourage reading 2 Peter chapters 2 and 3, that applies so clearly to both evil sides of this horrible situation, on one side the false prophets like HC & Co. and on the other side those who take advantage of their deception to despise True Revealed Prophecy.

Instead of the world physically coming to an end on May 21 with a great, cataclysmic earthquake, as he had predicted, Harold Camping, 89, said he now believes his forecast is playing out "spiritually," with the actual apocalypse set to occur five months later, on October 21.

It played out spiritually. That's great. This guy might be making Fred Phelps jelous with all of the media attention he is recieveing.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

and eve better:

Reflecting on scripture afterward, Camping said it "dawned" on him that a "merciful and compassionate God" would spare humanity from "hell on Earth for five months" by compressing the physical apocalypse into a shorter time frame.

I love how the idea of God's mercy and compassion just dawned on him. I think all he has to do on October 21st is say that the world repented enough for God to withdraw his fury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back