The History of Revival in Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
I was unaware of these books until very recently. Tom Lennie, a Scotsman himself, is writing a multi-volume history of revival in Scotland. There will be four volumes in the set when it is complete. Here are the first three, all published by Christian Focus Publications in Fearn, Scotland:

Land of Many Revivals: Scotland's Extraordinary Legacy of Christian Revivals Over Four Centuries (1527-1857) (2015), 523 pages

Scotland Ablaze: The Twenty-Year Fire of Revival that Swept Scotland, 1858-1879 (2018), 630 pages

Glory in the Glen: A History and Evaluation of Evangelical Revivals in Scotland, 1880-1940 (2nd edition, 2013; 1st edition, 2009), 512 pages

I understand that Lennie (a native of Orkney) is now writing a fourth volume that will carry the story from 1940 to 2000.

I've just begun reading the first volume listed above and find it fascinating. I'm expecting all these volumes to be good. Highly recommended.

Scotland Ablaze: The Twenty-Year Fire of Revival that Swept Scotland, 1858-1879 (2018), 630 pages

I wonder if that is the one Spurgeon wrote of that he wanted to see in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back