The Imputation of Adam's Guilt + Creationism - Why was Virgin Birth necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it because the imputation of the Curse passes from the male head that Christ's humanity did not have the guilt and corruption of Adam's Sin imputed to Him?

Just a mere housewifely thought about this :) -- it reminded me of the phrasing that God will visit iniquity of the 'fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation' etc. I don't know if that wording is significant, but I have found comfort that Christ's Father is perfect, and so I in Christ inherit a blessing rather than a curse. (though I'm not sure if that is a legitimate inference?)

Jim,

I think you need to study the hypostatic union of Christ further. I need to get this thread back on topic but, suffice to say, your view on the human nature of Christ being eternal is incorrect.

:judge: Let's get back on topic.

Rich,

Being new here, and not having had much chance yet, to share all my theological views, I find it surprising you would so quickly evaluate them as lacking and incorrect, but I will in good spirit, heed your exhortation, and continue to study the hypostatic union of Christ and further consider the eternal nature of Jesus Christ.

Perhaps I will start another thread on these subjects, for I consider knowledge of sound Christology to be supremely important and vital to our Christian witness.

Meanwhile, to cooperate in getting this thread back on track, I will give you my brief but sincere answer to your OP:

Christ was born of a virgin in order to fulfill God's Covenant promise (Genesis 3:15) and to fulfill all the Scriptures. (e.g. Isaiah 7:14)

What God has ordained will necessarily happen, without fail.

Presenting a Savior through the seed of a woman, was the purpose and promise of God. It was His revealed will, and He manifested this grace through His Son, according to His word.

I doubt analysis beyond the revelations of Holy Scripture (such as speculating about biology, DNA, and generics) will ever be much help, for Holy Scripture is silent about such things.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back