The labourer is worthy of his hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

David FCC

Puritan Board Freshman
Need some help here guys.

I did a little work for a friend recently and was wanting to do it as a favour but he wanted to pay me for it and when I refused to take it he said "the labourer is worthy of his hire" Luke 10:7.

He says there is no comeback to that bit of scripture but there must be something about helping out a brother.

:D thanks in advance

:eek: ohh you from scotland too :)

how ya doing and how is the free church over there in Lewis?

David, your friend, while good intentioned, is hijacking that passage. If you desire to bless a friend freely, he should accept freely. Of course, this goes on the assumption there are no other variables involved, such as a previous work/business relationship that soured.

David, your friend, while good intentioned, is hijacking that passage. If you desire to bless a friend freely, he should accept freely. Of course, this goes on the assumption there are no other variables involved, such as a previous work/business relationship that soured.

What she said. Tell him the work is a gift. If not just take the money to keep the peace. My granddad years ago use to pay ridiculous amounts of money for menial tasks that were hard for him but took only a few minutes for me. Such is life.

What she said.

Excuse me? Who are you calling a "she"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back