The Ligonier conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMasztal

Puritan Board Sophomore
I just returned from the Ligonier conference held in Orlando and must say what a blessing it was. I attended as part of our church's men's retreat and 14 of us attended.

The topic was Evangelsim according to Jesus and the speakers were, R C Sproul, R C Sproul, Jr, John MacArthur, Steven Lawson, Joni Earickson Tada, Sinclair Ferguson and C J Mahaney. About 4500 people attended.

Given that most of the speakers are giants of today's Reformed faith, it is needless to say the topics were very educational, enlightening and encouraging. Joni (a PCA member) was particularily moving in her witness and without being sappy, brought nearly everyone to tears.

While the topic was evangelism, it wasn't a "how-to" workshop, but a thorough exposition of various Scripture reading which equipped us to better present the Gospel.

I'd recommend picking up the CDs or DVDs on this conference.

I will be going next year. The topic will be "The Holiness of God".

For what it's worth, with our devalued dollar, there are a lot more foreign visitors coming to Orlando. Getting a room well ahead of time is a must. Additionally, the conference offers pretty good discounts to church groupe ($99.00 vs. $129.00).

I watched R.C. Sproul Jr.'s talk on "Evangelizing Your Children" online. He made several points I had never even thought of before.

What denomination is R.C. Sproul, Jr. a member of now? After his defrocking has gone right back into leadership of sorts? Has there been any talk as to his repentance, or has he defended himself against the defrocking? If not, WHAT is his daddy thinking? Just curious...

Good question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back