The Lord Blesses So Incredibly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galatians220

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Thirty-five and a half years ago, I was diagnosed with severe aplastic anemia and given "a year, maybe two" to live. At the time, my husband and I had just gotten engaged and his parents said, "You're not going to marry her now, are you? She's going to die." He ignored them, and we were married six months later. Thirty-five years ago today. :)

It hasn't been easy... I've had chemotherapy for the aplastic anemia; I've had one cancer that was cured and have another one "brewing." I haven't always been "the model patient." In fact, I've been a real pain sometimes. (At least "half the time..." :lol: ) But - we're celebrating 35 years today, and all praises to the Lord, for He need not have preserved me for later conversion, nor either of us for all of these years together. He gave us a son, whose very birth was against all odds, and whose conversion (the first among us) brought the Lord Jesus Christ into our house... How inexpressibly wonderful and gracious our God is!

I don't particularly like Barbra Streisand, but the Lord can do good through those who are not so good. I do like this song of hers, and in tribute to the life partner that He provided for me:

[video=youtube;NWwRb2A9idY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWwRb2A9idY[/video]

How tremendous the union of Christ and His Church must be, if marriage itself is but a "picture" of what we'll see of that union someday!

I can hardly believe how blessed I am.

(Thanks for reading this. And God bless all of you!)

Margaret

Margaret, thank you for your story. God's grace has been yours in abundance. May He continue to receive all the glory from the life that you live for Him. Praise Him for 35 years and counting!

Happy anniversary to you and your marvelous husband! What a wonderful testimony you have for the LORD. It truly moved me. If I may, I will use it as an illustration someday.

Happy Anniversary!

martini-2.gif

And thank you for sharing this with us. Praise God for His boundless mercies!

Thanks for the lovely testimony, Margaret. May God continue to richly bless you!

Thank you for sharing. It's great to hear people's stories of the Lord working (and continuing to work) in their lives. Even better to hear people give God the praise and glory. I am sure you can relate to the words in my sig.
Happy Anniversary!

Happy anniversary to you and your marvelous husband! What a wonderful testimony you have for the LORD. It truly moved me. If I may, I will use it as an illustration someday.

Yes, Pastor, you may use it as an illustration...

As the song says, "What did I see in you? A love to last a lifetime through..." Ah, when we were married, mine was expected to be measured in months - but it lasted through to knowing real Life - the only Way, Truth and Life that brings eternal life... At the time I was diagnosed, I said, "I don't deserve all this!" (Bone marrow biopsies, blood tests, medicines that didn't work, etc.) But now I say, in abject humility, "I don't deserve all this!" (Salvation...! And family... And friends... And the burning desire to spend what remaining time I have worshipping our Lord and Savior...!)

He is able... And He's still in "the miracle business!" :)

Thank you SO MUCH for each of your well wishes! We both so very much appreciate them!!!!

Margaret

"I don't deserve all this!" (Salvation...! And family... And friends... And the burning desire to spend what remaining time I have worshipping our Lord and Savior...!)

:amen:
Words we all should live by! Praise God for your testimony!

Thank you for sharing that, Margaret. Obviously there have been many trials, but it is an encouragement to see you give praise to God and recognize His working even in those trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back