THE MINISTRY OF THE WORD & HINTS AND HELPS IN PASTORAL THEOLOGY by William M. Taylor and William Plu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayflower

Puritan Board Junior
Anyone read this book ; THE MINISTRY OF THE WORD & HINTS AND HELPS IN PASTORAL THEOLOGY by William M. Taylor and William Plumer ?

This is two complete volumes in one large hardcover volume of more than 700 pages. The Ministry of the Word was written by William M. Taylor, and Hints and Helps in Practical Theology by William Plumer. A must for all ministers of the gospel.

The Ministry of the Word "Pastor, dare you read this book? Dare you not read it?" At the outset Taylor strikes the key-note of these chapters: self-renunciation is the root of excellence. TaylorÆs godly wisdom, personal illustrations and practical applications come together in these pages as he gives sound advice for the day-to-day work of the ministry, including "The Preparation of the Preacher," "Expository Preaching," "The Use of Illustrations in Preaching," and "Pastoral Visitation."

Hints and Helps in Pastoral Theology offers invaluable guidance for pastors in every chapter, including "Public Worship," "Visiting the Sick," and "The Sure Success of Evangelization." We highly recommend this two-book volume to every pastor and those who are contemplating the ministry.

I have it. I have no doubt it is useful, like so much good, old material.

And, like so much good material (like some other books I just bought) I have not got the time to actually sit and read, I just have to dip into stuff, here and there. I have thousands of pages to read, and only one lifetime.

{sigh}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back