The Necessity of the Meat of the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Presbyterian

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Great article from Barry York, Professor at the Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary on the necessity of the Law in the life of the believer.

Here is a quotation from near the end of the article to whet your appetite.

For that is a great purpose of the Law of God, to bring us to spiritual maturity. However, in this generation the church’s diet of milk only has caused it to be infantile in so many ways. In these wicked times, when Psalm 119 would have us cry, “It is time for the Lord to act, for they have broken Your law,” the church desperately needs to grow up. It is time for the church to develop an appetite for the strong meat of God’s Law. Start reading the Law’s five books and note how foundational they are to the rest of Scripture.

Law School | Gentle Reformation

Hello Benjamin. I have indeed been in churches in the past where milk was the only thing fed to the congregations. Any subject matter that was raised that had any depth or "meat" to it was often shunned or passed over. I was often, after raising certain issues, looked at differently, peoples attitudes changed markedly towards me and my wife. They wanted milk only. Typical of so many of todays churches. I would hear things like "oh yes, but we are under the new now, we don't need to worry about things like that" or "but the young ones like it this way" or "that was how it was done in the past, times have changed". Words to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back