The New Folgers Roast is The New Coke!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true. Just a mini-coffee maker in the mouth without the pump or plastic or carafe. Guys in the Navy used to due that too, even when brewed coffee was readily available.

...snorting razor blades. :lol:

(odd verb sound - snort, snort, snort, snort, snort)

Want to know something strange? In my younger days I worked in an aluminum foundry on the graveyard shift. I am one of those folks who cannot sleep in the daytime unless I am on the verge of passing out. So, I would be up for three and four days at a time. I would get tired during the shift, really tired. We were not allowed to eat or drink on the production floor so coffee was out. NoDoz was illegal in the company regs. But, I found out that espresso coffee beans ground a bit course and placed between the cheek and gum, a la smokeless tobacco, delivered quite a caffeine punch to keep one awake. Hey, desperate times bring solutions!

I used to do the same thing with the coffee ration in our MRE's while I was on Active Duty and had overnight watch or we were doing a night infiltration exercise. Take the coffee and use it just like one would dip snuff. Always worked. The Tabasco also was helpful.

...snorting razor blades. :lol:

(odd verb sound - snort, snort, snort, snort, snort)

Want to know something strange? In my younger days I worked in an aluminum foundry on the graveyard shift. I am one of those folks who cannot sleep in the daytime unless I am on the verge of passing out. So, I would be up for three and four days at a time. I would get tired during the shift, really tired. We were not allowed to eat or drink on the production floor so coffee was out. NoDoz was illegal in the company regs. But, I found out that espresso coffee beans ground a bit course and placed between the cheek and gum, a la smokeless tobacco, delivered quite a caffeine punch to keep one awake. Hey, desperate times bring solutions!

How funny! :lol: I was in seminary before discovering coffee as a beverage. When working on a late night paper in college, I would quaff a handful of freeze dried coffee to get my buzz.

I went out to the middle east (Israel) and they all drink turkish coffee out there ( its amazing). They grind it to a very fine powder and put it directly into the cup (like hot chocolate). Its very thick and very awesome.

There is a cafe near here which sells, among other things, chocolate coated coffee beans. Perfect for eating whole and keeping one awake, plus a very mild sugar hit.

How funny! :lol: I was in seminary before discovering coffee as a beverage. When working on a late night paper in college, I would quaff a handful of freeze dried coffee to get my buzz.

:um: is it possible to quaff a solid?

The word was selected with deliberation. The way it was done made it look as if you were "drinking" the coffee. Also great trick for grossing out the more squeamish.

My best man 34 years ago had a way of slurping jello so that he would suck it into his mouth and down to his belly in one (admittedly) dangerous motion. Somehow, he managed to avoid aspirating it.

Put aside your Folgers and Maxwell House and go out and get yourself some 8 O'Clock coffee. It's great and very reasonably priced! I grind some every morning, and it will put most gourmet coffees to shame!

If you have more exotic tastes, I would highly recommend African coffees. They are FAR superior to the bitter-tasting South and Central American varieties. Kenyan and Ethiopian coffees are very good. The Kenyan variety is a bit milder. The Ethiopian coffees look scary-dark when they are brewed, but are surprising smooth-tasting. But it is a little stronger than Kenyan.

The best exotic coffee I've ever had is Jamaica's Blue Mountain Coffee. I took a Caribbean cruise a couple years back that stopped in Jamaica, and I was able to purchase a pound of BMC for $20. Apparently it sells in this country for $60 a lb. I'm not sure it's worth that, but it was definitely worth $20.

If my coffee beans don't drop out of the anus of a Kopi Luwak, I'm not touching it. Finding it on the forest floor is the hard part! :gpl:
Haha, have any of you actually had that stuff?

Last edited:
If my coffee beans don't drop out of the anus of a Kopi Luwak, I'm not touching it. Finding it on the forest floor is the hard part! :gpl:
Haha, have any of you actually had that stuff?

I am not drinking poop beans.

I didn't see anyone mention Starbucks yet. I drink one Venti per day, black, and stout.

I've heard of it. I don't ever want to try it. I prefer my coffee unpooped. :eek:

Not only is it pooped, it is super expensive! Something like $75 to $80 average per pound. I'm trying it with my own cat before I resort to some jungle feline :coffee:

Not only is it pooped, it is super expensive! Something like $75 to $80 average per pound. I'm trying it with my own cat before I resort to some jungle feline :coffee:

Just make sure you brush off the cat litter first. Nobody wants bitter, gritty coffee!

I was gonna say - come on over here - I have TWO cats. I'll let you have all the droppings you can carry for your breakfast drink.

That poop coffee sounds like it tastes like the new folgers coffee. We went to the dark side and bought some maxwell house columbian, and its pretty good. We like the 8 o'clock beans, but that is for our special nightly pot of coffee. I hope enough people complain and/or vote with their money and folgers goes back to the way it was. Poop coffee, that is so gross!

How can you use 'coffee' and 'Folgers' in the same sentence? [Hmmm, I guess I just did.]

In Austin here our Costco has a roaster in the store! I get Sumatra (my favorite) 2.5 lbs for $10. Better than Starbucks.

We have free coffee at work too, but I am a snob (yes I admit it) and I have a small coffee maker on my desk and bring in my own fresh ground Sumatra. Mmmm. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back