The New Star Trek Trailer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much skin in the trailer in my opinion

On the other side. I caught glimpses of Skywalker on the landspeeder. Anybody else see it?

Total garbage. Complete and utter travesty. The death rattle of Hollywood and the Star Trek franchise. Worse than Highlander 2. JJ Abrams needs to recite a million novenas to repent for this steaming mound of epic failure.

Problems with the trailer (much less the upcoming movie): Kirk doesn't know how to drive an automobile (A Piece of the Action). Romulans had not been "discovered" yet (Balance of Terror). Spock "angry" apart from Pon'far?

It might be a good motion picture, but the only thing it will have in common with Star Trek is the name. Star Trek XI: Only the Names are the Same to Rake in the Dough :(

Hi Biggandy, that also was one of the problems with Star Trek Enterprise. Maybe they think us original Star Trek fans who remember it on T.v. are to old to goto the movies and point these things out to the young wipersnappers! :lol:

I think I'll go see it...of course, I say that all the time. I haven't went to a movie for at least a couple of years now. My guess that in at least the last five years I've gone to maybe two movies.

But this looks interesting...

Total garbage. Complete and utter travesty. The death rattle of Hollywood and the Star Trek franchise. Worse than Highlander 2. JJ Abrams needs to recite a million novenas to repent for this steaming mound of epic failure.

Problems with the trailer (much less the upcoming movie): Kirk doesn't know how to drive an automobile (A Piece of the Action). Romulans had not been "discovered" yet (Balance of Terror). Spock "angry" apart from Pon'far?

It might be a good motion picture, but the only thing it will have in common with Star Trek is the name. Star Trek XI: Only the Names are the Same to Rake in the Dough :(

I will not attempt to refute you sir. Not because your opinion is correct (it is), but because you can cite specific Star Trek episodes to prove your points. I pray for your sanity.

I will not attempt to refute you sir. Not because your opinion is correct (it is), but because you can cite specific Star Trek episodes to prove your points. I pray for your sanity.

:lol:

Okay, I confess, I'm not as hardcore as some. It looks interesting, even if they are "off" on some things (unlike some people I know and grew up with, I can't quote episodes to point out every inaccuracy). I will say they are appealing to the younger generations with the set up. Also, it won't be a movie my children will be watching, unfortunately as it's been ruined with certain parts.

Tim and Andy I didn't see any Romulans in the trailer. The Romulans had their origin in a successful slave mutiny 2000 years ago, where they were taken away from Vulcan and developed differently, especially since there were only a few hundred survivors.

Enterprise did a pretty good job being faithful to the original, and actually had more thought put into it; the verisimilitude was better.

I didn't really see anything wrong with the trailer from a ST history standpoint. Spock and all Vulcans have the same emotions as the rest of us, and if they skip meditation they can loose control.

BiggAndyy, I have a question for you:

Okay, um, when Kirk was gonna beam down to the planet, okay, for the last time in Episode 25? Well um, I was wondering if you could settle a bet for me and my friends, okay? Um, like, when he... um, left his quarters for the last time? And he opened up his safe? Um... what was the combination?

:D

Just messin' with ya. Your points are well taken. They seem to do this sort of thing with the superhero movie franchises; why would Star Trek be any different?

Of course, this isn't the first time something like this has happened with a Star Trek movie. Remember how Chekhov recognized Khan in the second movie (the best of the franchise, In my humble opinion) even though he wasn't a crew member in the Khan episode in the original series?

It's still gonna be a great movie to watch! I can't wait. I was smacking myself for not picking up on the 'driving' car ability. That was such a good scene in the original.

Okay, okay...might have a point on this one. *parade officially rained out*

Hi Gloria! Yes, when mentioned on the Bond thread, I went and looked for it and low and behold, I found it. Not wanting to be a thread-jacker, I started this one.

I don't want to rain on any parades or the like, but I make Star Trek movies for a hobby. It is just as easy to get things right as it is to muck them all up. JJ was chosen to helm the movie because he can make movies (although Cloverfield was a bit of a disappointment). But JJ even said he is not a Star Trek fan but a Star Wars fan :(

I don't think Paramount has the slightest idea what to do next with Trek after the failure of Enterprise; so why not go for Epic Failure with Trek XI?

Oh, we're all gonna see it. Sooner or later, we'll all see it. Resistance is futile.

Too much skin in the trailer in my opinion

On the other side. I caught glimpses of Skywalker on the landspeeder. Anybody else see it?

Bryan, I didn't see Luke or the landspeeder. Where was it?

I'm sorry. I was too obscure. I saw a similarity between Luke Skywalker just being told he can't go to Dantooine (Sp) where all his buddies are going to be in the Academy in the "first" movie. At that point he gets in the landspeeder and looks off into the desert. The correspoding part in the trailer appears to me where the narrator says "or do you feel like you were meant for something better..." It shows Kirk on his bike probably looking at the Federation Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back